Intel Core i5-4670K (3.4GHz)
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I'm using the Fenvi T919 and I'm having some issues with my internet connection after sleep. Normally my card works fine (WiFi, Bluetooth, handoff) but I've noticed if my computer sleeps, upon wake bluetooth and handoff still functions fine, but my Wi-Fi cannot connect to the internet. The network connects fine, but I'm left with no internet access.

The only way I've found to solve this is to disable WiFi, remove all network configurations, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist, remove the router password from my iCloud and local keychain and then restart. If I don't do all of this, most of the time when I reboot the computer I am still unable to connect to the internet. Again, the network connects fine but I can't access the internet. Network Preferences starts by saying "Wi-Fi does not have an IP address" and then saying "Wi-Fi is using the static IP x.x.x.x and cannot connect to the internet" or something along those lines.

If I try and fix the problem by turning the Wi-Fi off and back on in Network Preferences, I'm told "Wi-Fi is connected to ____ and has the IP address x.x.x.x" with the green indicator, but I still can't access the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update; As of this morning it will no longer connect even after the fix I described above. The furthest I can get is entering the network password which results in "Wi-Fi has the self assigned IP address x.x.x.x and will not be able to connect to the internet."

If anyone can offer any help, it would be much appreciated... This is becoming frustrating...

Update 2; I just managed to wake from sleep and had full Wi-Fi access just fine. But then I restarted and, again, I can connect to the network but can't access the internet. This is making me think it might not be strictly sleep related but I'm unsure where I should look next to find the cause.

Last edited:
Can anyone help? I'm happy to provide any more relevant information, I'm just not sure what more I can provide... If anyone can point me in the right direction as far as that's concerned it would be appreciated!

I don't suppose you found a solution for this? I'm having the same issue...

EDIT: So I tried changing the channel width setting on my router from "Auto" to "40mhz". That seems to have gotten things working for me. My speedtest results have dropped a little but at least I can now use my 5ghz network instead of 2.4, meaning I'm still getting faster speeds than previously.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back