intel i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

The whole installation of high-Sierra went very well, but I have a small problem. I set up my machine in iMac 17.1 everything is ok for the day before, I put on standby only the screen and not the computer, but in iMac 18.3, when it puts the screen in standby it does not turn on again and I need to restart it.

Thank you in advance to everyone

What is the real advantage between an imac 17.1 and an iMac 18.3?

Thank you all

Your 7700K has been used in the latest Kaby Lake iMacs. It's the closest fit for your motherboard chipset as well.
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...7-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html
If you wanted to add an RX 580 that would make this the best system definition as it's also been used in 18,3 iMacs.
Thank you trs96,

Yes I mounted this machine to be closer to the original imacs, but I come back to my original question, what to do so that my machine can wake up because in 18.3 the output is impossible, except to leave the screen and the computer always on without ever keeping watch. Not cool.

Thank you all.

Good evening to all of you,

I still don't have any answers to my question, why I can't even get out of a simple screen saver when I'm in 18.3.
I installed the 13.13.2 not not without hurt but that works and it's always the same how does this do it?

Thanks in advance to you

Thank you but it had been so simple I would have managed, the problem is the following, whether Computer standby, screen standby or cancel your eves and turn off the screen, nothing comes back after one of these when I am in 18.3 whereas in 17.1 everything is functional, it is really strange.
If nothing is feasible it does not matter, but what is the interest to switch to 18.3 iMac 2017 compared to 17.1 iMac 2015?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back