i3-9100
Graphics
UHD630
i3-9100
ASUS TUF B360m Gaming
Opencore 0.5.7
Macmini8,1

Thanks for helping!

My motherboard only has a HDMI and a DVI port, if I only use one of them, everything works, if I plug them all on, it'll have stripes on both screen, I need to unplug the DVI and put it back in, but when it awake, I need to unplug the DVI again, and the DVI will never work until I reboot.

I have searched all over the internet, google, youtube, it seems ton of people have the same issue and no way to fix.

I'm a coder, I don't use FCPX, and I don't want another GPU, not about the money, just do not want another fan to make more noice. I have use Macmini since 1st gen, I sold my 2012 macmini server with 4-core i7 in it last week, I saw hackintosh all the time, I thought my needs are very low, just xcode and some IDEs and h264 or VP9 decoding.

1.png

2.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    104 KB · Views: 76
I have this problem as well.

I had dual persistent displays working in 10.14.6 on my UHD 630 (i3-8100, Deskmini, MM8,1, Clover), but just updated to 10.15.4 and now can only have dual displays if I plug in the HDMI after startup and don't let the screens sleep.

I've attached the properties I was using with 10.14.6, but which no longer allow dual displays in 10.15.4. I also updated WEG+Lilu, so perhaps something changed for the worse in WEG versions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 8.48.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 8.48.53 AM.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 123
[UHD630]Is dual monitors impossible?

I have searched all over the internet, google, youtube, it seems ton of people have the same issue and no way to fix.

There's no way to get stable dual monitor at UHD630

I've tried so many things and always get dual monitor with some limitations

Eg:
  1. If u attach second monitor after macos start – OK
  2. If u attach both monitors then boot macos – FAIL
  3. If u use dGPU+iGPU, set initial display to iGPU and use one monitor at each card – OK
  4. If u use dGPU+iGPU, set initial display to PCIe and use one monitor at each card – FAIL
    and…
  5. If u use an dGPU AMD and attach both monitor on it – OK, but:
    • Multiple displays with different resolutions, refresh rates, timings and or using different display adapters/connections requires more resources from the GPU, this can move the GPU up into the next memory clock state (eg: 2000MHz) to compensate and avoid issues such as flickering or corruption, i.e: dGPU memory will work always at maximum clock speed
    • If all displays are identical, using the same resolution, refresh rates, timings and using identical display adapters/connections then the GPU may be able to run two or more without moving up into the next clock state, i.e: will work as default clock speed
So, best option always will be #3 — but I thing that is not a big deal if u planning to play games

and keep in mind that there's some cards (like RX 580) thats run w/o using fan at least until ~50ºC

Last edited:
There's no way to get stable dual monitor at UHD630
Is this true across all motherboards / setups / OS versions? I am trying to find a suitable low power/quiet dual monitor setup.

Related to that, your option 5. - how can we check the clock speed. Im currently using an RX560, identical screens but different interfaces (DP and HDMI) so I might not be doing the most efficient thing.

Deskmini 310, i7 8700, Clover + 10.15.3 dual monitor works nicly (only some flickering on boot)

but 10.15.4 seems to be more problematical (afaik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back