Graphics
RX 5500 XT + UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My pc was working using Nvidia GTX770 but the vega card is damaged, now I am trying to work with the internal graphic card UHD 630.
I am able to boot and hear sound from the macOS desktop but its black screen.

I have removed the nvidia from the config file and added the interal GPU but no success.

Attached my EFI folder.

Please help

macOS Catalina
CPU: intel 10700k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z490 UD AC
IGPU: UHD630

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    55.5 MB · Views: 61
I assume you are using the HDMI Connector from the rear I/O plate on the motherboard.

Have you physically removed the GTX 770 from the system?

Have you reset your bios to reflect the changes to the graphics usage.

Intel iGPU Bios settings:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
The entry for your UHD630 IGPU is wrong in your config.plist: (viewed in ProperTree plist editor)

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 19.19.35.png
The screenshot above shows the entry for a fake ID not the framebuffer.

You should be entering something like this:

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 19.31.41.png
The screenshot above shows an entry for a Comet Lake UHD 630 IGPU, this is not the only config that would work.

The framebuffer is for a desktop system where the IGPU will drive a display, uses HDMI with a high resolution display.

See if changing your setup to match the above works for your system.

I have modified the config file following your directions, but when I boot the screenshot attached appears during the boot and the pc stopped at this screen, when I boot using the old config file it boot normally till black screen in the macOS.

I have reset the bios by removing the battery for 15 min.
The GTX 770 was removed physically from the pc.

Attachments

• IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
  • EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 70
I have modified the config file following your directions, but when I boot the screenshot attached appears during the boot and the pc stopped at this screen, when I boot using the old config file it boot normally till black screen in the macOS.

I have reset the bios by removing the battery for 15 min.
The GTX 770 was removed physically from the pc.
you need to check with the sample.plist from opencore, make the changes and then run ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure there are no errors

I have managed another config file and added the above entries, but still able to boot till I hear the macOS sound with black screen.

Attached the config file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Which version of OpenCore was this config.plist derived from? I have not seen the PlatformInfo > Generic and DataHub sections together in an OC config.plist for some time, pre-OpenCore 0.5.8?

You seem to have taken a config.plist that was created for a Dell Laptop. I am saying this because the config contains SMCDellSensors.kext and SMCLightSensor.kext, the only time you would need either/both of these kexts is when hacking a Dell Laptop, you would never need either when Hacking a Desktop system. Remove them from the /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.

I would recommend you have a read of the VirtualSMC Plugin text below, so you have a better understanding of what each kext does and should be used for:

VirtualSMC Plugins​

The below plugins are not required to boot, and merely add extra functionality to the system like hardware monitoring:
  • SMCProcessor.kext
    • Used for monitoring CPU temperature, doesn't work on AMD CPU based systems
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
    • Used for monitoring fan speed, doesn't work on AMD CPU based systems
  • SMCLightSensor.kext
    • Used for the ambient light sensor on laptops, desktops can ignore
    • Do not use if you don't have an ambient light sensor, can cause issues otherwise
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext
    • Used for measuring battery readouts on laptops, desktops can ignore
  • SMCDellSensors.kext
    • Allows for finer monitoring and control of the fans on Dell machines supporting System Management Mode(SMM)
    • Do not use if you do not have a supported Dell machine, mainly Dell laptops can benefit from this kext
You have included the Serial Number etc. in the config, which is stupid, as anyone can now use your serial number.
Which will cause you issues if/when you try to connect to the Apple servers for Messages, iCloud etc. You will need to generate a new SMBIOS.

While I can see you have used the IGPU framebuffer settings, the device ID is wrong. It reads <923E0000> when it should be <3E920000>, as you don't have to reverse pair the bytes for the device id.

The config.plist uses the wrong SMBIOS for your Comet Lake i7-10700K CPU. You should be using the iMac20,1 not the iMac20,2 SMBIOS with your setup. You need to generate a new iMac20,1 SMBIOS for your system.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? I assume your are using a HDMI to HDMI cable and not an adapter cable, i.e. HDMI to DVI or something similar.

I have made some modification and its working now, but the macOS detected 2 screen connected although I have one display connected using HDMI - HDMI 1.4.

Attached the modified config file after changed it to iMac20,1, but still detects CPU as i9 not i7.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 12.02.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 12.02.23 AM.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 12.02.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 12.02.32 AM.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 141
  • config.plist
    29 KB · Views: 227
That is purely cosmetic and nothing to worry about. The fact you have it working is what is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back