Contribute
Register

UHD 630 7MB (no acceleration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screenshot below shows the contents of your current Clover EFI folder.

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 16.00.00.png

ACPI
  1. You don't have any ACPI tables (SSDT's) configured for your system.
  2. This is unusual as your Z370 Coffee Lake system requires the following three SSDT's, which should be added to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
    • SSDT-AWAC.aml - to fix RTC clock issues
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml - to set first CPU core
    • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml - to set fake EC and set USB power configuration.
    • SSDT-OSXI.aml - to set comparable Windows version, so macOS works with your components.
drivers64UEFI
  1. The use of this folder tells me you are using an old version of Clover. As this folder was superseded by the Drivers folder, which contains the following sub-folders - Bios, Off and UEFI. If I recall correctly this change happened with the release of Clover_r4989, or there abouts.
  2. You should not be using a specific apfs.efi driver.
  3. You should instead be using the ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver, which will load the appropriate APFS driver for the version of macOS you are running. This is essential if your are using two different versions of macOS that support APFS formatted drives, i.e. High Sierra and a more recent version of macOS.
  4. You have a number of unnecessary drivers in this folder. The drivers listed below are only required if your are using FileVault.
    • AppleImageCodec-64.efi
    • AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
    • AppleUITheme-64.efi
    • FirmwareVolume-64.efi
  5. Your are using the slower and less capable HFS+ driver - VBoxHfs-64.efi. This should be replaced with the better HFSPlus.efi driver.
Kexts/Other
  1. You don't need the empty numbered sub-folders within the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder. They can be deleted.
  2. As stated in the post above, your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder is lacking some essential kexts, which you have added to the /Library/Extensions folder.
Below is a screenshot showing an EFI folder I created for a Coffee Lake system that is similar to yours, using Clover_r5119.

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 16.02.15.png Coffee Lake EFI

While your current config.plist works, it contains a number of unnecessary entries, has a mixup in the SMBIOS section and could be improved by the addition of some common fixes/entries that are used by other Z370 Coffee Lake systems.

With the above in mind I have attached a copy of this Coffee Lake EFI, with a revised config.plist that you may want to try in your system.

However.
Before you do, you need to have fixed your /Library/Extensions folder, i.e. removed the unnecessary and duplicate kexts.

You will also need to Repair Permissions and Rebuild the Kext Cache, before rebooting your system.

You will need to add the Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM entries to the revised config.plist. This is all you will need to add to the config. Generating a new iMac18,1 SMBIOS is essential, as your current SMBIOS data is a mix from an iMac14,2 and an iMac17,1, which is not good.

When using the Coffee Lake EFI You would be advised to boot the EFI from a spare USB pen drive, leaving your current setup in place, until you are sure the new EFI works correctly.

Attachments

• EFI - Coffee Lake.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 84
Many thanks for all the info, didn't find the time to test everything. As it's many info, which are the steps (order) you would try? Ie:
  1. Cleanup extensions, repair permissions, rebuild kext cache.
  2. Restart.
  3. Install Clover newest in a USB drive with a right config.plist. I don't remember how it's done, will search.
    • Where do I get Serial Number, Board Serial Number, etc? There is nothing about this in my current config.plist. I've opened Hackintool and it shows values for all these entries, but I don't know if these are real, autogenerated, suggested or what. Can I use that values in my config.plist?
  4. Works? Replace EFI dir with the working one in the USB drive. Restart and cross fingers.

I'm almost there. How can I wisely accomplish these steps? =>
You will need to add the Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM entries to the revised config.plist. This is all you will need to add to the config. Generating a new iMac18,1 SMBIOS is essential, as your current SMBIOS data is a mix from an iMac14,2 and an iMac17,1, which is not good.

Download Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS python script, link below. You need to select the green coloured 'Code' button and select the 'download Zip' option.

• Open the GenSMBIOS-Master folder and select/double-click the GenSMBIOS.command, Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 19.51.55.png GenSMBIOS-Master folder contents
  • This will open a Terminal Window, as shown below.Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 19.52.31.png GenSMBIOS terminal window

• From the list of options shown by GenSMBIOS, select option 3 - Generate SMBIOS.Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 19.54.55.png GenSMBIOS -Generate SMBIOS
  • Enter iMac18,1 5, as shown below. This tells GenSMBIOS to generate 5 x iMac 18,1 SMBIOS's.Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 19.56.43.png
  • GenSMBIOS then generates the SMBIOS data requested.
  • This data can be copied and pasted in to a TextEdit doc.
  • Press the Enter key to return to the main Window.
  • Make sure you copied the data before you return to the main window, otherwise you will have to run through the process again.
  • Press Q to quit the terminal session, and close Terminal.
You then have 5 or however many sets of SMBIOS data that you could use. Before you do use one of these SMBIOS data sets you need to check that the Serial Number generated isn't being used by a real Mac.

Copy the Serial Number you are looking to use.
Open this Apple Check Coverage support page:

Paste the Serial number you selected in to the box that says 'Enter your serial Number'.

Then enter the text/code that is shown, in the box below the code.

What you want to see is a result like the one below.

Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 20.07.33.png
This result means the serial number is not being used by a real Mac.

This is exactly what you need and want to see when you check the serial number.

If you see a result different from this, which points to a possible support option, purchase date or anything else, the serial number is being used by a real Mac and you need to select a different Serial Number for your Hack.

All being well and you see the screen/result above you are now able to use the SMBIOS data in your config.plist.

Thanks again for the guidance. I've tried and booted from the USB, but didn't make a difference. Still glitches and also apparently I lost USB support (no keyboard, no mouse). I attach the screenshot with the latest lines of the boot log, as well as a copy of my current L/E and S/L/E dirs, and also the EFI dir in the USB, just in case you wanna take a look.
I first cleaned the various Extensions dirs as you suggested, then created the USB with your EFI dir + the data generated with the python script (also changed DefaultVolume to match my config). Not sure if I patched correctly the config.plist, as I entered twice "iMac18,1" (BoardVersion and ProductName). Also, I placed the ROM in RtVariables/ROM (didn't find another place with the ROM keyword).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 63
  • SLE.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 39
  • LE.txt
    281 bytes · Views: 40
  • fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 36
/S/L/E and /L/E folder contents are fine.

I have edited your config.plist so it uses the Kaby Lake IGPU Framebuffer and the Kaby lake fake ID. This is a specific fix for using a Coffee Lake CPU when running macOS High Sierra. See the screenshot below from the WhateverGreen FAQ manual.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 21.06.40.png

This is seems to be essential, as you are not running the specific version of High Sierra that contains the Coffee Lake Graphics kexts.

That's because I forgot to attach it to the post.

The EFI is attached below. Use it as it is with no changes.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 76
Ah! I thought I had reported back the results, but seems I didn't!
I tried your EFI dir and I got two different results in various boot attempts:
1) Panic. Attached a couple of pics.
2) Quick boot + black screen. After some time I pressed some combinations of keys which should have restarted the OS, but that never happened, so I guess the boot never reached to the desktop.
Thanks in advance for any hints...

Attachments

• panic.jpg
    panic.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back