Graphics
intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How do I get rid of these ugly green boxes I keep seeing on my screen. I know i was told to patch my own DSDT, but I tried, and doesn't seem to work. What am i doing wrong?

See Image Attached.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 4.46.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 4.46.00 AM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 180
How do I get rid of these ugly green boxes I keep seeing on my screen. I know i was told to patch my own DSDT, but I tried, and doesn't seem to work. What am i doing wrong?

See Image Attached.

Thanks for your help.

You need to patch your DSDT. Easiest way is to remove the DSDT you have in /Extra/dsdt.aml right now, reboot, then use the ProBook Installer v6.1 to generate a DSDT.

After that, do an EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Ugly Green Box {UPDATE}

Ok I used HP Probook Installer 6.1, and Now I lost my wifi and audio, and battery. Then when I log in, it blanks out to a black screen and gives me the login box again. I upgraded some other stuff from the new HP Installer 6.1.

How can I fix this.

Thanks

UPDATE: Fixed it. :) Didn't realize that the DSDT is placed somewhere else, and I had to rename and place back into Extra folder. Now my battery icon is showing no battery attached and is not giving me the battery information. It used to work before I updated my DSDT using installer 6.1

Any Idea why it stopped working?

Ok I used HP Probook Installer 6.1, and Now I lost my wifi and audio, and battery. Then when I log in, it blanks out to a black screen and gives me the login box again. I upgraded some other stuff from the new HP Installer 6.1.

How can I fix this.

Thanks

UPDATE: Fixed it. :) Didn't realize that the DSDT is placed somewhere else, and I had to rename and place back into Extra folder. Now my battery icon is showing no battery attached and is not giving me the battery information. It used to work before I updated my DSDT using installer 6.1

Any Idea why it stopped working?

I'm not sure what you mean by "DSDT is placed somewhere else." It installs a newly patched DSDT to /Extra/dsdt.aml, provided you did what I said and removed the /Extra/dsdt.aml and rebooted before running the installer. Depending on where you "restored" your DSDT from, you're probably now running with your old DSDT??

What you describe as no audio, battery, and wifi is normal when running with no DSDT. Probably you didn't select the correct options for generating your DSDT properly. Make sure you read philip_petev's post #1 with regard to the DSDT generator.

Also, it sounds as if you installed my 'blinkscreen' work around, which will have the effect of blinking the screen (thus the name) upon login and you will see the login screen again after that... A simple change in SysPrefs -> Security & Privacy -> "Require password [x seconds] after sleep or screen saver begins", where "x" is not "immediately" will fix that problem.

Also, it sounds as if you installed my 'blinkscreen' work around, which will have the effect of blinking the screen (thus the name) upon login and you will see the login screen again after that... A simple change in SysPrefs -> Security & Privacy -> "Require password [x seconds] after sleep or screen saver begins", where "x" is not "immediately" will fix that problem.

This could be also done by changing askForPassword, askForPasswordDelay and tokenRemovalAction to 0 in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.screensaver.plist.
Perhaps this could be automagically done by the Installer, when blinkscreen option is selected to be installed?
Also: http://superuser.com/questions/3134...eensaver-sleep-or-the-delay-in-10-7-using-ter

Thanks for your help. I got it working again. Still see an occasional flickering, especially when in youtube.

Now how difficult is it to upgrade to ML 10.8.3?

Thanks for your help. I got it working again. Still see an occasional flickering, especially when in youtube.

Now how difficult is it to upgrade to ML 10.8.3?

I do not recommend upgrade from Lion to ML. Do a fresh install instead.

I'm sorry.. I mean how difficult is it to update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 for ML... Will it mess up the system?

Thanks AGain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back