Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
ASRock Z97M-ITX Motherboard, newest version of Clover, SSD boot drive.

I formatted the EFI partition on the SSD as FAT, installed Clover, put in kexts, swapped out VBoxHfs-64.efi and added HFSPlus.efi.

Booting off Clover on a USB stick works fine - but when I go to the Boot Menu of the BIOS, it doesn't see the UEFI boot partition of the hard drive, only the USB booter.

Why can't my BIOS see the SSD's EFI partition to boot without the USB? Is there some BIOS setting I haven't switched?

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 710
Check page 39 of the manual and make sure you've selected "Boot Device Control [UEFI and Legacy OPROM]" and not "[Legacy OPROM only]"

ASRock Z97 bios won't display UEFI partitions... When talking to tech support 'bout this their position is they're are a Windows only platform and don't support alternative OS's. The solution is boot to a Clover USB, navigate to "options" and choose "add boot options". Now you'll see CloverEFI in the bios boot options.

What's the point? Frankly the bios will not display UEFI hard drives as boot options. I provided the only solution, it 's your choice if you want to follow it...

Did read my first reply? "The solution is boot to a Clover USB, navigate to "options" and choose "add boot options". Now you'll see CloverEFI in the bios boot options."

After you add them go into bios boot options, CloverEFI or CLover-BootX64.efi will/should be in the list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back