Graphics
HD 4600 / HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Did some kind of update I think security and lost clover as the boot device. Used windows task manager after assigning a letter to the efi partition to copy the clover folder to a usb to boot back into the mac setup.

Now though, I dont remember how I had it working before. The UEFI bios will only choose USB or HD. The only way I can boot into clover is to change the microsoft folder in EFI dir to a different name but with that, clover will not boot the windows partition. There are entries but none work. Same with changing Bootmgrw.efi to a different name.

Any thought or hints? Thank you, just feeling a little brain dead at the moment.

Did some kind of update I think security and lost clover as the boot device. Used windows task manager after assigning a letter to the efi partition to copy the clover folder to a usb to boot back into the mac setup.

Now though, I dont remember how I had it working before. The UEFI bios will only choose USB or HD. The only way I can boot into clover is to change the microsoft folder in EFI dir to a different name but with that, clover will not boot the windows partition. There are entries but none work. Same with changing Bootmgrw.efi to a different name.

Any thought or hints? Thank you, just feeling a little brain dead at the moment.

Correct dual-boot procedures are in post #2 of the Clover laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks again. I did not think it mattered what the name of bootmgfw.efi was but apparently clover likes what you said in your example to use, "bootmgfw-orig.efi"

Anyone looking this over, Im not sure RM mentioned the trick I did when losing clover but is a pretty quick and easy way to recover if a windows update undoes this. To be more clear, if you go into the task manager you can have privileges to edit the efi partition in windows 10. You choose new task, and there will be a browse button on the right in which you can change names and copy files within.

Last edited:
Thanks again. I did not think it mattered what the name of bootmgfw.efi was but apparently clover likes what you said in your example to use, "bootmgfw-orig.efi"

The best way is to use efibootmgr to set priority to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI OR \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI.
Then you don't lose Clover on the next Windows update.

Anyone looking this over, Im not sure RM mentioned the trick I did when losing clover but is a pretty quick and easy way to recover if a windows update undoes this. To be more clear, if you go into the task manager you can have privileges to edit the efi partition in windows 10. You choose new task, and there will be a browse button on the right in which you can change names and copy files within.

It is a good idea to keep a USB with Clover that can be used to boot your system.
Then you can mount your EFI there and make the change in macOS/OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back