i9-7980XE
Graphics
2x RADEON VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to bring my systems up to Mojave, and in the process have changed somethings with my EFI that seems to now make it very touchy with my ASUS x299 Deluxe Bios 1503 to recognize it during boot. I've used install Clover r5102 and checked 'Clover for UEFI booting only' and 'Install Clover in Esp', along with necessary UEFI drivers such as AudioDXE, DataHubDxe, FSinject, SMCHelper, ApfsDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix.

When I boot up my machine I need to do so with the Mojave SSD not connected via Sata, enter the Bios, and then showdown. Plug the Mojave SSD in and when I boot up it now can see the UEFI and login. If my computer crashes, or I restart for a Bios change I need to unplug the drive and do the boot unplugged, boot plugged in to get it working.

The other interesting thing is that my Bios goes to the Advanced Screen by default. If I select the EZ bios screen the system locks up. If the drive is not connected and I select the EZ Bios screen it boots no problem.

Could this be an NVRAM issue? Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Ended up using Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller along with Flashing my Bios... Seemed to fix this issue.

I've seen similar stuff happen, yeah. Sometimes it can be fixed by clearing out all the boot entries with "bcfg boot" in the UEFI shell, and then manually creating an entry for Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back