Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UEFI Gigabyte Z68 Bios with 2600K OC mystery 10.7.4+

i have recently upgraded (if i can call that) the Z68 bios into a published UEFI.

was told the 2500k can be OC as before. but my 2600K doesn't seem to do the extra mile.

all is well working without DSDT, SSDT, NULLCPIPM and what not, and happily working until i hit geekbench, and noticed a significantly lower score. i digged into the clock and multiplier of CPU using HWmonitor and noticed, OSX is limiting the max multiplier to your stock CPU frequency (my case 2600K at 3.4GHz / 34 and idles at 1.6GHz /16) despite whatever you have set in the BIOS.

can someone please fill me in as to how to OC in OSX?

anyone able to give this a hack? either using DSDT again? or take away the UEFI luxury of using the native AppleIntelCPUPM.kext and put Null back?

false alarm.
mystery solved. turned out the 2600K is ok.

didn't work previously due to a new setting in the UEFI that didn't quite make it happen.

disabled the last item in the Advance CPU setting. forgot its name. will update later

disabled the last item in the Advance CPU setting. forgot its name. will update later

You turned off speed steep making your cpu run full speed 24/7

As I discovered, ML breaks sandy bridge overclocking with speed step. Even in gigabyte boards with proper SSDT.

i solved mine. No DSDT, No NullCPUM.kxt

fully controlledthrottled between OC value and idle value.
Bios tweaking trial and error.

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 07.22.38.png

i solved mine. No DSDT, No NullCPUM.kxt

fully controlledthrottled between OC value and idle value.
Bios tweaking trial and error.

View attachment 26419

How did you do it without disabling EIST? I thought I tried <i>everything!</i>

BTW- Disabling EIST doesn't keep me running at 4.1 24/7. At idle, clock is 1.6. Under load, only 4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back