Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
​Merry Christmas,

I want to build a Hackintosh for video editing, compositing, 3d, and color correcting. This will be my first build and I have a budget of 3k. I want to go with the Titan because I plan on working with 5k and 4k video and I plan on using Cinema 4D a lot. I also want thunderbolt 2.0. I know that there has been thunderbolt issues with the UD5 TH, so I'm ok with building the machine and not having the thunderbolt running for a month or two, I just want to have it there for future devices. I've been reading a lot of posts but I am really green at this so any advise anyone has will be appreciated. If you see anything that doesn't look right or if you have a suggestion please let me know. I'm hoping to order parts tonight or tomorrow.

Z87X-UD7-TH
i7-4770K
Asus GeForce Titan
4x8GB Corsair Vengeance(32GB)
SanDisk 240 SSD
Corsair pro series hx 750 (HX750)
TP-link PCI Express
Corsair Carbide tower

Hope everyone had great Christmas! Thanks in advance
-Jimmy

What is the primary video editing program that you'll be using ?

AFAIK, the Titan is still not supported - the GPU still doesn't have Mac drivers yet.

I'll be using FCP7, After Effects, Da Vinci Resolve, Cinema 4D, and Premier.

If you were to be using FCP X then I'd say go with dual R9 280X by AMD. Because you're not then the best choice is the GTX 770 by either EVGA, Asus or Gigabyte. Were not 100 % sure about the GTX 780s with
Mavericks yet. You can search the forum for more on this.

Do you know of another card that is supported that's in that same class and price? Thanks for the help.

Then you know wrong. The Titan is supported in Mavericks and works great.

Then you know wrong. The Titan is supported in Mavericks and works great.

Is this new GK110 GPU drivers in 10.9.1? Last time I looked the GK104 GPU in the GTX770 and below were all that were supported.

Is this new GK110 GPU drivers in 10.9.1?
No new drivers in 10.9.1 (rMBP 10.9.1 has new drivers, no GK110 Rev B support)
10.9+ supported: GK110 Rev A/GTX 780 and Titan
Not supported: GK110 Rev B/GTX 780 ti, new GTX 780 and new Titan (buyer beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back