i7-980
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My computer is used for music production. I currently use a Thunderbolt audio interface. This interface is a Thunderbolt 2 that uses the Apple TB2 to TB3 adapter and it works well with Mojave and my Z390 Designare.

I am looking at buying a new audio interface that uses USB c, and I'm not sure the best way to connect to my computer. I have had trouble connecting USB devices on my Thunderbolt 3 port.

I see that my motherboard has a USB 3.1 header. How is that utilized? Is that a good option? What do I use to connect to that? Is there some sort of add in slot I can install on the front of my case that works with that? Would it be exactly the same to use a type c to a adapter?

I need full speed and bandwidth so I have absolutely no latency issues. This is very important.

As always, thank you to everyone for any and all help and insight. You all rock!

I'm thinking of getting a 5.25 hub for the front case. That looks like what I need to connect to header for my USB 3.1 type c. Just not sure what's compatible.

I'm thinking of getting a 5.25 hub for the front case. That looks like what I need to connect to header for my USB 3.1 type c. Just not sure what's compatible.

I think the header is located on the intel controller so it would be part of your 15 USB ports. I would guess asking in the Golden build for your the Designare board would yield better answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back