Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi i am planning to buy 2
SSD m2 950 PRO NVMe 256GB, interface: PCIe 3.0 x4
for use dual boot with El Capitan and Win 10 in each m2 ssd. The Mobo i am thinking to buy is Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5.

My 2 questions: Will Hackintosh work with this configuration? And is it possible to have two ssd m2 in this Mobo working in dual boot mode, one with El Capitan (or Sierra) and the other with Win 10?

I need these answers before buy.

Junior

Hi i am planning to buy 2
SSD m2 950 PRO NVMe 256GB, interface: PCIe 3.0 x4
for use dual boot with El Capitan and Win 10 in each m2 ssd. The Mobo i am thinking to buy is Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5.

My 2 questions: Will Hackintosh work with this configuration? And is it possible to have two ssd m2 in this Mobo working in dual boot mode, one with El Capitan (or Sierra) and the other with Win 10?

I need these answers before buy.

Junior

Specs show 2x M.2.

NVMe is tricky: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Humm so RehabMan do you have some advice to other kind of ssd that performance is near Samsung?

A Samsung sm951/AHCI is essentially the same performance with much less hassle.

A Samsung sm951/AHCI is essentially the same performance with much less hassle.
With 2 of this model i can install macOS and Win 10 in each ssd with no problem?

With 2 of this model i can install macOS and Win 10 in each ssd with no problem?

No ability to predict the future (hackintosh depends on individual skills, careful selection of hardware), but I don't see why not.

Ok but if i buy these two SSD M2 with AHCI can i install first Win 10 in one ssd and after try to install macOS Sierra in the other and even if a problem occurs in OSX installation, nothing will interfere with my Windows 10 installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back