HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i5-2450s
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

Being new to desktop installation, I have completed my first system, this is it:

Motherboard: GA-Q77M-D2H
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics: Intel HD4000
SDD OCZ Vertex 3
Screen: DELL U2711

Completed fresh install of 10.8.3 with UniBeast Mountain Lion 1.7.0, and applied MultiBeast 5.2.1 settings

UserDSDT or DSDT free installation
ALC887/888b v100302 audio
hnak's network AppleIntelE100e

I can boot the system and everything works OK, but still I have these two issues:

1. Slow boot, on verbose mode, there is a 30 s. pause after 'macx_swapon SUCCESS' message. I read similar posts on other Motherboards, but didn't get to a clear conclusion.

2. If I boot with my UniBeast pen drive connected, and then select my primary hard disk, everything goes fine. If I boot directly from disk, when the OS switches to hires (2560x1440) then the monitor goes black, I have to switch it off and back on to get the image. I use a DisplayPort connection, but this shouldn't pose any problem at all because I don't get this behaviour when booting with UniBeast pendrive.

Anybody fought the same situation?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Xavier Serra

First issue solved: Updating BIOS to F2 solved the slow booting problem.

Sitll stuck with U2711 boot behaviour. If I boot in safe mode, no problem, the monitor switches to hires perfectly. If I boot regular, when it goes into hires, the screen goes to power safe mode, blank, if you turn it off an on then it shows hires perfectly. Tried booting with GraphicsEnabler = no, with no luck.

Is this a boot loader or a hd4000 problem? Will keep trying.

Isn't this just a case of you monitor not liking switching from certain resolutions to another causing it to glitch out?
Can you edit the smbios.boot.plist (or is it the org.chameleon.plist) to match the resolution that unibeast uses?

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string> or whatever resolution works

Fingers crossed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back