Graphics
2x MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well as you can guess by the Subject of the Topic the question is can you run two graphics cards from to manufacturers in the same machine running two different OS's. I guess this can only be done using DSDT if it can be done at all, and you would probably have to make OSX ignore the port the GTX 570 is plugged into. Not only that but how would it be done in Windows or does it work with no hitches? Please post your experiences and thoughts :)

spencerlievens said:
Well as you can guess by the Subject of the Topic the question is can you run two graphics cards from to manufacturers in the same machine running two different OS's. I guess this can only be done using DSDT if it can be done at all, and you would probably have to make OSX ignore the port the GTX 570 is plugged into. Not only that but how would it be done in Windows or does it work with no hitches? Please post your experiences and thoughts :)
You put the mac os gfx card in slot #1 on your board and set your mobo to use PEG1. My board doesnt have a PEG1 option in bios and i didnt know of another way to do this so i just bought a supported card.

Mac grabs 1st card, set windows to use 2nd.

Excellent all my dreams are becoming a reality, now to see if that option is in my motherboard bios

spencerlievens said:
Excellent all my dreams are becoming a reality, now to see if that option is in my motherboard bios
Yeah, If not i believe there is a way to use a bootloader to specify which card to use. I never really had a chance to look into that method though.

Im interrested in doing this aswell and have a question, would each os power on both cards or just the card used?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back