Contribute
Register

Two graphic cards - HDMI Audio on Asus Nvidia GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closest thing to the list of supported cards
is a ZOTAC GeForce GTS 450 - ECO Edition
Article is 4 years old, only the 220 and 240 worked. Learned a few things since then.
No. See Requirement/2. Graphics/Post #1/HDMI Audio AppleHDA

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going with the NVidia 240.

I was reading through the "OS X HDMI Audio with HDMI Audio dsdt edits." I don't see any references to socket 775 boards, which is what I have(Gigabyte EP45-DS3R). Are the guidelines the same as for Socket 1155?

Thanks

I don't see any references to socket 775 boards, which is what I have(Gigabyte EP45-DS3R). Are the guidelines the same as for Socket 1155?
All of the graphics cards noted below are compatible with your current motherboard and everything newer. OS X/AMD HDMI audio may require more steps to get working.

1. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7/R9
    1. R9 290/290X not supported at this time

2. Nvidia 4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx/9xx
    1. GTS 450, GTX 550/550ti, GTX 560/560ti not supported natively

I received the GeForce 240 card & installed it, but I ran into a problem - the display is going dark after boot. Just so, I don't taint the install with any graphics injectors, I reinstalled everything from scratch( I didn't get a chance to install the Combo Updates). I followed the "Advanced Method: AppleHDA + DSDT Graphics" method and modified my DSDT and patched AppleHDA. I am attaching:

- DSDT,
- IOReg output,
- org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I also tried booting with -x option, but no luck. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Ithe display is going dark after boot.
IOReg file is not IOReg.
Run an experiment: remove the dsdt, set org.chameleon.Boot.plist/GraphicsEnabler=Yes and restart.
Reply with new IOReg.

Here is the update along with my attempts at dumping the ioreg.

1) I couldn't get the machine to boot after I removed the DSDT. I am attaching an image of the output.

2) I managed to get the display to work with the DSDT with the following org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string> -v npci=0x2000</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>10</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
        <key>PCIRootUID</key>
        <string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

#2 results in a pretty bad display - the screen is stretched beyond the monitor - menu is not visible and its very pixelated and did freeze on me after 10 minutes. Please let me know how I should proceed.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I couldn't get the machine to boot after I removed the DSDT. I am attaching an image of the output.
2) I managed to get the display to work with the DSDT with the following org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Attachment is not useful. IOReg app: Tools/Post #1/HDMI Audio AppleHDA
Reply with a copy of IOReg and dsdt.

Attached you'll find the DSDT and IOReg dumps. Let me know if they are useful & what I should do next.

Thanks

Attached you'll find the DSDT and IOReg dumps.
IOReg; only attach IOService
edit HDEF/layout-id from 0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
PEGP address is not correct, edit
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
to
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
It is likely boot will fail. remove all GFX0 injection except hda-gfx. After edit, GFX0 looks like HDAU
Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

The hda-gfx injection - that goes in DSDT, correct? Attached is the DSDT, IOReg and org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Please advise. Also, I would like to learn/figure-out how resolve these myself. Any pointers/articles you can send my way would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    12.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IOReg-IOService.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    638 bytes · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back