GTX 750
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes!!! one month enjoying my CustoMac Pro :headbang:
No crashes, good performance (although video card works better -smoother- in windows). I'm using the computer almost the whole day: music composition, photo edition and internet.
Used iboot-ge+10.6.5 update+multibeast 2.6.3. Used a custom .aml file for my board. Network solved with Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Driver. For sound I'm using an external Firewire interface so I installed the drives that came with the unit. Installed nullcpupowermanagement kext because got better scores in benchmarks.

But :eek: yesterday I wanted to make a copy of a DVD disc and realized that only one of my two Dvd units was shown in the system. Checked the BIOS and everything was ok and could see that both units are recognized in the startup screen. After reboot, to my surprise, this time both units were recognized by mac os and could make the copy. I've been checking every time that I reboot and sometimes both units are shown and sometimes not.
The units are LG GH24LS50 DVD-RAM SATA 24x (that is always shown) and LG DH16NS30 DVD-ROM SATA 16X (that in NOT always shown). In Windows they work without problem so it's not a device failure.
I thought I needed some kexts and I installed jMicron SATA/eSATA kexts but nothing changed.
I'm using blue colored Intel ports number 0 and 2. Tried 0 and 1. Tried swapping. And nothing.

Any suggestion??? Do I need another kext? Wrong ports used? Need to change something in BIOS? Why sometimes both are shown and sometimes not?
It's a bit fustrating :banghead: All the system working and a simple Dvd unit driving me crazy!!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    42 KB · Views: 95
calmazan said:
Yes!!! one month enjoying my CustoMac Pro :headbang:
No crashes, good performance (although video card works better -smoother- in windows). I'm using the computer almost the whole day: music composition, photo edition and internet.
Used iboot-ge+10.6.5 update+multibeast 2.6.3. Used a custom .aml file for my board. Network solved with Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Driver. For sound I'm using an external Firewire interface so I installed the drives that came with the unit. Installed nullcpupowermanagement kext because got better scores in benchmarks.

But :eek: yesterday I wanted to make a copy of a DVD disc and realized that only one of my two Dvd units was shown in the system. Checked the BIOS and everything was ok and could see that both units are recognized in the startup screen. After reboot, to my surprise, this time both units were recognized by mac os and could make the copy. I've been checking every time that I reboot and sometimes both units are shown and sometimes not.
The units are LG GH24LS50 DVD-RAM SATA 24x (that is always shown) and LG DH16NS30 DVD-ROM SATA 16X (that in NOT always shown). In Windows they work without problem so it's not a device failure.
I thought I needed some kexts and I installed jMicron SATA/eSATA kexts but nothing changed.
I'm using blue colored Intel ports number 0 and 2. Tried 0 and 1. Tried swapping. And nothing.

Any suggestion??? Do I need another kext? Wrong ports used? Need to change something in BIOS? Why sometimes both are shown and sometimes not?
It's a bit fustrating :banghead: All the system working and a simple Dvd unit driving me crazy!!
Try to keep a record of which drive doesn't show up. Is it always the same drive no matter the port it's connected to or is it always the same port no matter which drive is connected?
I would start with the ROM in 0, the SL drive in 1 and the DVDRW in 2 and go from there.

Attachments

• HD400_KP.JPG
    HD400_KP.JPG
    681.8 KB · Views: 92
Going Bald said:
Try to keep a record of which drive doesn't show up. Is it always the same drive no matter the port it's connected to or is it always the same port no matter which drive is connected?
I would start with the ROM in 0, the SL drive in 1 and the DVDRW in 2 and go from there.

Ok, I start with the ROM in 0, the SL drive in 1 and the DVDRW in 2. At this moment, two reboots and everything OK.
If it fails I will try another combination and post the results.
Thank you for your answer.

I forgot to post my sata profile

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2010-12-21 a las 22.07.08.png
    Captura de pantalla 2010-12-21 a las 22.07.08.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 105
Nothing. :thumbdown:
It's not about ports. It seems LG DVD SATA devices are not good for Hackintosh. Other people had similar problems and the best solution was to buy another brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back