Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H
CPU
i5-2500
Graphics
8400GS
G'day All, I have tried any number of combinations of System Definition, Bios Settings, Chameleon switches and the like (CPUPM kext combos too) and can get speedstep to function but NO turbo for love nor money. My Cinebench CPU gets to 4.79 with 32x multiplier (4.38@29) but no turbo is evident. I also can't get turbo ratio messages in boot log from AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement or client or Apple_SMC or from wherever you chaps get it that have it working. Am running Anv's Chameleon from Multibeast, 10.6.7 vanilla with 10.7.3 kernel.

If any clever clogs out there has turbo working on a Gigabyte board (I have H67) with i5 2500 or 2500K I would be very grateful if you could say how they made it happen! I have tried the generate P states switch for chameleon alone and with c-states without effect though many things I think can affect this. Any tips will be gladly accepted! :wave:

p.s. I'm not too proud to do it with voodoopstate.kext if that's what it takes.. sadly, although it looks as though the p-states show up in ioreg, my cpu remains un-turboed (and the pstatemenu app says the kext isn't loaded even though kextstat says it is!

o_O

anyone got it going with a similar set-up to mine?

Are you saying that you can't turbo in snow leopard specifically because turbo works fine with H67 in linux or Windows - only overclock via base clock doesn't presently that I'm aware of. Has anyone tried with H67 to report success or failure?

I think the problem here is actually that turbo on the GB H67 mainboard is only active at the default multiplier. (this seems to be the case in Windows too according the the Intel Turbo boost monitor that complains that turbo is disabled when I boot with anything other than a 33x multiplier with my i5 2500.) The trouble is that I can't get anything but a reboot loop with 33x multiplier with OSX. Any ideas how to do H67 with i5 at 33x without reboot anyone? Awesome if you could do it with the 10.6.7 kernel too. Tried Chimera and that didn't seem to make any difference (apart from detecting my RAM nicely). Is it meant to solve the reboot at 33x problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back