Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD3P
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 570
Hi!

I´m trying to get my R9 380X up and running on an X99 board with El Capitan. So far with no luck.

Any hints and working kexts would be greatly appreciated..

Hackers,

I'm helping Dolby with this install. We've got El Capitan installed and booting, but it now freezes during boot at the "GPU Hardware VM enabled...".

We can't seem to find the correct kext to inject. The list says the 9000 kext should help, but no luck finding that to download.

Thanks!

Hackers,

I'm helping Dolby with this install. We've got El Capitan installed and booting, but it now freezes during boot at the "GPU Hardware VM enabled...".

We can't seem to find the correct kext to inject. The list says the 9000 kext should help, but no luck finding that to download.

Thanks!

Hi guys and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately as it stands the AMD R9 380 doesn't play well with El Capitan, I've got the Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB that I haven't manage to get El Capitan to boot without enabling Intel onboard graphics as first graphics priority, but that isn't a solution for you and you have none.

The AMD9000Controller.kext is in /System/Library/Extensions and is installed with OS X. The best framebuffer name I've found to inject is Greyhound.
Alternately the R9 380 works perfectly in OS X Yosemite. You could test a cheap graphics card to run alongside the 380 to act as a first graphics boot device as like the Intel onboard I tested to get El Capitan booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back