Contribute
Register

Trying to install video drivers for my osx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87 G43
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
MSI Nvidia GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So basically I was installing osx using unibeast and multibeast on an msi z87 g43 board with an i7 4770k. I had some issues first getting it up and running(because of my haswell processor issues) but I was finally on the last step. Here is where my current issue began. I wasn't able to run the installed software with my graphics card plugged in, however obviously, I want to use the power of my graphics card. So someone in another forum post told me to use this "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v -no-zp" protocal in order to boot the computer with my gpu installed. Once I was able to do that, I had to install the nvidia drivers for the card. I was linked to the drivers supported for mac, and they installed correctly. However, on the last step of the drivers prompt, it told me to restart my computer to finish the installation. When I ran my computer again with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v -no-zp" it was as if I had never even tried to install the drivers. So, how can I install the drivers correctly in order to get my graphics card to run with the os?

Here is the link to the old forum post in case I was descriptive enough. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/170226-stuck-last-step-yosemite-installed-2.html

now instead of nv_disable=1 boot with nvda_drv=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back