ATI HD5670, ATI HD6870, GTX 650, ATI HD5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm trying to install Sierra in this configuration and always after the apple logo on the monitor turns black and I get no signal. I have searched a lot on the internet and I have not seen anything that can give me a clue.
Unibeast with clover uefi use.

Sorry, this perhaps should go in Sierra desktop support.

I'm having the exact same problem. I can boot fine with USB, but not from the HDD. Monitor shuts off at boot. Also, the clover boot screen is HUGE and very weird looking. Like 8-bit graphics or something. GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard.

I can say that Z68XP-UD3 is ok with Sierra though I'm not sure about the graphics card. Mine is Radeon HD 6850 and it works OOB.

I have the same configuration as you have.

My motherboard is

Z68xp ud3. Bios Version is 8. ( not UEFI ) Legacy
Amd Radeon 6870
Intel I7 2600K

My system works fine and boots normally. First I got stuck at the boot process until I disabled USB 3 in BIOS.

Strange thing is that my friend has the the same system as I do except the Graphics card , he has Amd Radeon 6850. It boots fine with the USB drive, everything works normal BUT When booting from his Sierra install hard disk the clover boot screen is garbled ( like 8 bit graphics ) then when it finish starting up it only show like a 1/6th of the whole screen.

The most strange thing is that I took the graphics card from my computer and installed in his, but still the same , We compared everything btw mine and his computer, even the bios and every line in the config. plist. Now we are thinking of trying a new PSU in his computer just to see if it changes anything.

If that don't work then we are gonna make a Sierra installer on a SSD and just run it from there , should work the same as starting from the USB Drive , just much faster.

Last edited:
Ys btw , I ran the updater to 10.12.1 and everything still works fine on my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back