Contribute
Register

trying to change my system def to macpro4,1 to enable AGPM but getting kernal panics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i have a gigabyte gtx 560 and i'm trying to get the full power of it, i've following a guide straight from a golden build (he talks about my specific card) and he says to get full power of my gpu i need to enable AGPM. he says i can do this by changing my current mac pro definition (3,1) to mac pro 4,1 or higher.

i tried mac pro 4,1 and 5,1 using multibeast and it gives me kernal panic errors when i start up mac os x.
i booted from my clone drive and changed it back to macpro3,1 in my smbios.plist and all is running again.

does anyone know what i can do to get this working?

as mentioned before, i have a gigabyte gtx 560 ti gpu card
i've installed nvidia graphics driver from their website, and the cuda drivers
so now all i need to do is enable agpm.

any ideas??

Go to system/library/extensions and delete aplpletymcedriver.kext. You should now be able to install 4,1 or 5,1 definitions without kernel panic.

I'm using a different video card but had a similar issue requiring AGPM. Changed to MacPro5,1. KP upon reboot.

Try this. It worked for me:

After some reading I stumbled across a user who claimed that they had reduced performance from their AMD HD 6xxx graphics card after waking from sleep. I tested my machine and found the same symptoms.

Luxmark: 515 after restart; 65 after wake from sleep
OpenCL Oceanwave: 295 after restart; 85 after wake from sleep

I found another user who suggested changing the smbios to MacPro5,1. I tried that and it resulted in a kernel panic upon boot.

The real MacPro5,1 has ECC RAM and my Hackintosh does not have ECC RAM. The kernel extrnesion AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext) checks for ECC RAM and causes a kernel panic when it does not find it.

To successfully change to the MacPro5,1 system definition, I had to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext before rebooting.

Now my Gigabyte HD 6850 performs the same after wake as it does on a fresh reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back