Contribute
Register

Trying to boot macOS Catalina 10.15.6 after using custom config.plist results in black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Portege Z10t-A (Clover)
CPU
i5 4220Y/HM70
Graphics
HD 4200, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I am using the laptop that is on my profile. I have successfully installed macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and am now in the process of getting everything working. I was following RehabMan's guide to installing OS X on laptops and came to the step for custom config.plist files based on the HD Graphics that are installed, since my laptop has HD 4200 graphics I selected config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist and replaced it with the already existing config.plist in my EFI partition (I did rename the custom config file to config.plist). After rebooting, the system appears to boot normally until about 3/4 of the way of the progress bar, where the screen turns off briefly and back on again, then it turns off and stays off. I've attached a picture of the verbose log just before the screen turns off permanently. Reverting the config.plist file back to the one that's on the install USB does fix the problem, however of course the graphics don't work properly (dock is opaque, graphics memory is shown as 7MB, etc). How can I fix this?
Thanks!
IMG_20200818_170255.jpg

I am using the laptop that is on my profile

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.
Ah my bad, thanks for moving the thread though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back