Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the very helpful guide here on how to use xMove to get a Lion installer partition. I keep getting stuck on the grey Apple screen. When in verbose mode, I can see where I'm getting stuck:

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1018 goto Exit
Sound assertion "lme->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit

Are the last lines before it just hangs for hours on end. I tried googling and I'm coming up with nothing. I'm at a loss here. I'm running 10.6.8 without a problem.

Mobo: Gigabyte X58-UD5 F7 BIOS. I'd update to F12, but I don't have a USB flash drive to do so.
Bootloader: Chimera RC5 (?; whatever the latest is)

Any thoughts? This is a Lion installation from the App Store.

You might try running Multibeast from a secondary OS to your Lion partition.

I'd spend the little money it takes to get a USB flash drive to update your BIOS cause you're so far behind in updating your BIOS. The last BIOS is very stable, and I believe that's your problem. Hell, borrow a USB flash drive!

Stork said:
I'd spend the little money it takes to get a USB flash drive to update your BIOS cause you're so far behind in updating your BIOS. The last BIOS is very stable, and I believe that's your problem. Hell, borrow a USB flash drive!
I've got several but they're all in my office and I just keep forgetting to bring them home. D'oh! I'll try to remember tomorrow. Do you think that's the issue?

torifile said:
Stork said:
I've got several but they're all in my office and I just keep forgetting to bring them home. D'oh! I'll try to remember tomorrow. Do you think that's the issue?
I updated it to F12 and I'm still getting the same error. I used the DSDT database to get the right DSDT file for my mobo and rev and installed it with MultiBeast. No dice. I'll try one more time to run the Lion installer and then xMove with the newly updated mobo and bios but I'm not too hopeful.

I'm in the same boat here...but I also get DSMOS...

What gives?

I used the latest iBoot and used the flag "mach_kernel" at boot and the Lion installer worked like a charm - took less than 10 seconds to boot to the installer. Thanks to katrocks for this discovery in another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back