Contribute
Register

Trying and failing at a fresh 10.8.3 install....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z77-ds3h
CPU
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a perfectly good running 10.8.2 system running. I installed the 10.8.3 combo update and was having some audio problems. I was trying to install a new driver and managed to screw up my whole system. I've been following the 10.8 Installation Guide on this site with little success.

I create the usb stick and run the install. Once it is done the only way I can get the new OS X install to run is using Safe Mode. Once I finally get past the registration process I run Multibeast with a no DSDT installation. Then when I reboot the computer just hangs on the gray Apple screen.

I'm running a Z77-DS3H with an Intel Core i7-3770 and I took out my video card in an effort to get this thing working.

After 3 days I am desperate for help. Thanks!

I had a perfectly good running 10.8.2 system running. I installed the 10.8.3 combo update and was having some audio problems. I was trying to install a new driver and managed to screw up my whole system. I've been following the 10.8 Installation Guide on this site with little success.

Are you attempting a fresh 10.8.3 install fromon a blank HDD/SDD? Looks like you're updating a 10.8.2 install. If doing a fresh install, I'm interested in what the specific difficulties are compared to a fresh 10.8.2 install.

Regards.

Are you attempting a fresh 10.8.3 install fromon a blank HDD/SDD? Looks like you're updating a 10.8.2 install. If doing a fresh install, I'm interested in what the specific difficulties are compared to a fresh 10.8.2 install.

Regards.

Yes, I formatted my HDD to start completely over. Has anyone else take 10.8.3 from start to finish on a fresh install? Is 10.8.3 the problem?

I'm glad I was able to help.
Enjoy your Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back