Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,
I posted a while back about having issues upgrading from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7. I'm still getting the error "Mac OS X Update can't be installed on this disk. THe volume does not meet requirements for this update." Any thoughts? I had no issue going from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6

Thanks!

Re: Trying again –– Installing 10.6.7q

What update are you using?
Combo Update or early 2011 MacBook Pro?

Sounds like MBP update to me. You should just be using the 10.6.7 combo.

Nah, it's the normal 10.6.7 combo update. Before trying this I did try using the MBP combo update and following all the directions posted... that update gives a different error message and wouldn't even let me pick a drive to try installing it too. The update is definitely the normal combo update! Another interesting note: I had to download the combo update from Apple, software update won't even detect it.

I'm going to revive this thread since I still can't get this to work. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alright well, sorry to revive this again, but I am still unable to install 10.6.7. Any thoughts? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the entire operating system.

Thanks!

Did you do an install from a retail Snow Leopard disc or a distro? Did you use MultiBeast after installation of the OS? Did you set the model identifier to MBP or iMac instead of MacPro possibly?

Used the retail disk and used multibeast after installing the OS. At one point, I had switched the model identifier to MBP, but then switched it back to MacPro3,1 by using multibeast again...
So, after I installed OS X I swapped out the motherboard for the B3 version of the same motherboard without reinstalling... could this be a problem?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back