Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 960
with the new mainframe working stellarly on OpenCore, thought I'd blow the dust off the old X58a-UD3R Xeon W3680 and set her up as a backup/archive server. Even have an XRAID I've attacked with the grinder to use as a case.

But no matter what I do, I can't get it to boot the Catalina installer on OpenCore.

Went through the whole OpenCore guide for Nehalem, and it always KP's with:

CPU 11 has no HPET assigned to it.

Anyone got this old workhorse going with OpenCore?

with the new mainframe working stellarly on OpenCore, thought I'd blow the dust off the old X58a-UD3R Xeon W3680 and set her up as a backup/archive server. Even have an XRAID I've attacked with the grinder to use as a case.

But no matter what I do, I can't get it to boot the Catalina installer on OpenCore.

Went through the whole OpenCore guide for Nehalem, and it always KP's with:

CPU 11 has no HPET assigned to it.

Anyone got this old workhorse going with OpenCore?
UPDATE: Ok even though the Dortania guide says to remove DSDT.aml, if I include the one made for this board, at least the HPET kernel panic doesn't happen and I can run the installer.

NEW PROBLEM: After the first reboot of the installer and making sure I'm booting directly to the USB with OpenCore on it, the OpenCore picker doesn't show to new APFS volume on the SSD. I can only choose EFI Shell, or the Installer on the USB all over again.

Any help please!?

And yes, Min Version and Min Date are both set to -1
And ScanPolicy is set to 0

Hi TijuanaKez,
Now I'm trying install in a X58-ud5. But I'm having problems before yours problems.
Can you send me your config.plist and we can interchange our advances.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back