Contribute
Register

TRS96's Prodigy - Super Cool 'N Quiet - CustoMac Mini: Pentium G2020 - H77N-WiFi - Asus GT610 Fanless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the same CPU, G2020, with a GA-B75M-D3H mobo. It runs well, just like yours, without DSDT, sleep works. On OSX10.8.4 with a GT210 video card.
But when I add a kext for Sound (ALC887) the system takes more than a minute to boot to the desktop. The usb mouse and keyboard need an additional 2 minutes to come to life. Then the system runs well again. Adding a kext for Network works without any problems.

I have checked with Toleda (a.o. HDA expert) and he suggests installation problems, not related to HDA/ Sound.

Would you have any thoughts or pointers for me where to look?

Thanks for your reply!

hans,

Have a look over on Moarfish's build, there are many using B75M boards without audio problems. I am one of them and I have the same G2020 processor as you.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

"Slow boot up and unresponsive Mouse/Keyboard.
(It looks like Non-Ivy bridge CPU users are facing the problem)

A: It is caused by Multibeast 5.1.2 sound driver. Remove your Sound driver and Install the one come from Multibeast 5.0.2. (Thanks to pointandclick and sackboyx for the information.)"

Adrian B

Adrian, thanks for pointing me to that. I used MB 5.0.2. on ML10.8.4 and the ALC887 works! Although I do not really need this solution anymore because of the great USB soundcard I am using now, I am glad that the ALC887 is working and that I did not have installation issues as suggested by Toledo.

Hi i am using same configuration like you. installed mountain lion then multibeast after restart i installed my 210 graphics card after that my none of usb port not working mouse pointer not even showing. now i want to install mountain lion again but it is just hangs at ethernet mac address please help bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back