Contribute
Register

Troubles starting Disk Utility from clover install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 UD Rev 1.1
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I followed TonyMac's guide of installing Mavericks using Clover, but when I boot to the usb install disk I can't access the disk util to do a fresh install of 10.9.3. Instead it just updates the existing 10.9.2 installation.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

Is there any way to pull up disk utility?

-=Mark=-
ps, the system is very slow and laggy now with the new update.

I'm, using EFI USB. UEFI is enabled in BIOS.

I was able to "clean /all" the drive in Windows. I noticed on fresh install again that disk util was in the man windowed menu at the bottom. If you don't select it then, you don't get another chance it seems.

Now 'm left with an unbootable drive, even from USB boot. I tried safe mode and still nothing. I should say it won't boot all of the way. First I got the bluetooth, but no command line to enter GraphicsEnabler=No. All I get are a few menu items for booting. I selected no kexts or cache and I get bluetooth error. But safe mode clears bluetooth, but hangs on white screen and no errors, not even a cursor.

I'm, using EFI USB. UEFI is enabled in BIOS.
I was able to "clean /all" the drive in Windows. I noticed on fresh install again that disk util was in the man windowed menu at the bottom. If you don't select it then, you don't get another chance it seems.
You are correct - Disk Utility is in the main screen with Install OS X. Here is where you either double-click on DU or select it and click continue to format/partition your drive. If you have a botched installation now is the time to reformat/repartition and start all over.
Now 'm left with an unbootable drive, even from USB boot. I tried safe mode and still nothing. I should say it won't boot all of the way. First I got the bluetooth, but no command line to enter GraphicsEnabler=No. All I get are a few menu items for booting. I selected no kexts or cache and I get bluetooth error. But safe mode clears bluetooth, but hangs on white screen and no errors, not even a cursor.
Try this. Remove the config.plist from the Clover EFI partition and boot without it. Better to have no config.plist than the wrong one. You can download Clover Configurator and use it to create a config.plist after you get up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back