Contribute
Register

Trouble with installation - audio/video fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i3-3240
Graphics
Intel 2500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all! This is my first time posting so I'll try to do my best. Before anything, here are my specs:

Hardware:
- Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
- Intel i3 3240 3.4 GHz
- Corsair 8GB DDR3
- Seagate 1TB HDD
- Dual booting into ML 10.8.4 and Windows 7

What I selected in Multibeast 5.4.3 install:
- User DSDT with the gigabyte DSDT file on the desktop
- Audio Realtek ALC892 with DSDT
- Misc. USB3.0/PS/2
- Everything under network
- Bootloaders Chimera 2.1
- Boot options 1080p display
- System def MacPro 6,1

I followed the Dual boot guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/...os-x-snow.html.

I don't have any problems with windows 7, not that it matters, really. However, to get chameleon to boot instead of going right to windows 7, I have to have the USB boot drive I used for installing ML plugged in.

For the longest time, I could only boot with safe-boot. If i did not use -x I would get a '[IOBluetoothHICController]...calling register service' error. So, I deleted two bluetooth.kexts and the error went away only for the boot to stop at 'DSMOS has arrived'. I then (maybe a bit hastily) deleted all AppleIntelGraphics.kexts and then I was able to boot normally. Unfortunately, I have no audio/video.

As far as video, I have installed the newest adobe flash player that kept popping up, but the problem seems to be upstream of any flash player. For example when trying to play a video on youtube, I can see the image of the video, but when it tries to play, it mostly goes black and 'spazzes' out, for lack of a better word. I have also tried to re-install the ALC892 with DSDT from multibest 5.4.3. However, every time it fails to install.

If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated! These problems are the last thing standing between me a a fully functional hack. Please me know what other information I need to provide for your assistance. Thank you!!
-Mike

What you did wrong with the audio is that you selected with DSDT. You need to select without DSDT or you can edit a DSDT but you probably don't want to do that with your board because you normally don't need a DSDT. You need to get the graphics kext back to fix your HD2500. Here you can read how to fix the graphics with the latest Chimera: http://www.tonymacx86.com/377-chimera-2-2-update.html.

Thank you for your response! It is much appreciated.
I have tried to reinstall without-DSDT/ALC892 from Multibest but it fails to install every time. I also ran chimera 2.2, but it didn't seem like it changed anything after installation/reboot. Why do I still need the USB drive to boot from instead of chameleon taking over?
Thanks again for your help!

I would suggest making a clean install of OS X. It is definitely not a great method to delete any kexts to try and get your system running. It has proven to you that you it will give you numerous problems down the line. Instead of using Chameleon use Chimera 2.2 as it will support your graphics.

The good news is that if you can boot with the USB you can make OS X boot from your hard drive. When you say you can not boot from the hard drive but only the USB are you getting the Boot0 error. if this is the case it will be from your 1TB hard drive. See tonymacx86 - boot0 Error: The Official Guide

All right! I did a clean install of ML and used the without-DSDT file ALC892. I also installed chimera 2.2. After the reboot, I got the same bluetooth error and the boot stopped. I booted into safe mode and deleted the two bluetooth kexts. I restarted and the bluetooth error gave way to a NTFS driver 3.10 error after the DSMOS has arrived. I booted into safe mode again and deleted the AppleIntel4000graphics.kext. I rebooted without safe boot and it worked (along with full audio!).

However, the video issue remains. I probably need to stop deleting kexts, but I loath having to boot in safe mode. When I play a video, I now get sound. In S/L/E I only ever had 3000 or 4000 graphics.kexts and chimera 2.2 didn't add any 2500.

**I also still have to have the USB drive to get to the chimera start to select ML over W7.

**Fixed this using: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Thank you for your advice! I'm slowly getting this thing to work!

~Mike

Glad you got it working. Sorry for the late reply.

UPDATE: I tried to upgrade to 10.8.5 as described by stork:

I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to

1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  3. If you're using the "USB 3 - Universal" (Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext), remove it from S/L/E folder**;
  4. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  5. Run MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
  6. Download the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and install using Kext Utility;
  7. Reboot; and
  8. Repair Permissions again.*

Now when I boot, it pauses at the apple (in verbose) right before it fades to the log in. Then, the screen go black and there is a weird, misshaped white box in the top left hand corner. I'll try to attach a picture. I am boot in safe mode currently.

Not sure what to do here. Most people seem to not have any problems updating to 10.8.5.

Thanks! Now if I could just resolve the video issue, I would be comfortable moving forward with the Mac partition as my primary computer instead of W7. I remember now why I switched to Mac years ago!

If you have any ideas about video problems, please let me know. The wired thing is, the shaking and vibrating went away once I switched from safari to Firefox and the advertisements on youtube still work. Hopefully, it's not an installation issue.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back