Contribute
Register

Trouble with EVGA GeForce GT 740 SC 2GB GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'd like to ask you a question since I also have a evga GT740.
I installed the latest web driver and it also got updated by iself.

My question is, what is that driver good for ?
Do you have any option on it's manager to set up any configuration ?
My has none, and the ECC menu shows the 740 is not ECC compatible.

Do you have a different situation with yours ?

Thanks a lot,

Juan Manuel

Hi,
I'd like to ask you a question since I also have a evga GT740.
I installed the latest web driver and it also got updated by iself.

My question is, what is that driver good for ?
Do you have any option on it's manager to set up any configuration ?
My has none, and the ECC menu shows the 740 is not ECC compatible.

Do you have a different situation with yours ?

Thanks a lot,

Juan Manuel

I am not sure about your other questions but the GT 740 showing up as not ECC compatible is normal. You will only find that in cards like the Nvidia Tesla GPUs.

Ok, it should be fine then.
I still have to try HDMI..
Thank you !
JMA

I have a Geforce 740 SC 4g. My build is okay, but has issues. The main problem is that sometimes it doesn't complete the boot. It freezes on the grey screen just before the desktop. I sometimes have to try several times (force shut down) before it boots completely and gets me to the desktop. I had the issue before I installed the Web Drivers and Cuda, and after. I installed the web driver 346.01.02f04 and cuda driver 7.0.36-macos. After drivers, I'm still having the problem, plus an added problem: sometimes videos freeze or fast forward crazily, a problem I didn't have before installing driver.

Any help you can offer? Slim Jim, anyone?

I had no problems at all with my video.
I'm booting with clover, the config is quite standard.
I did install webdrivers, I have an icon on screen that allows me to choose between OSX and NVIDIA drivers.

good luck

I have a Geforce 740 SC 4g. My build is okay, but has issues. The main problem is that sometimes it doesn't complete the boot. It freezes on the grey screen just before the desktop. I sometimes have to try several times (force shut down) before it boots completely and gets me to the desktop. I had the issue before I installed the Web Drivers and Cuda, and after. I installed the web driver 346.01.02f04 and cuda driver 7.0.36-macos. After drivers, I'm still having the problem, plus an added problem: sometimes videos freeze or fast forward crazily, a problem I didn't have before installing driver.

Any help you can offer? Slim Jim, anyone?

See this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back