KGL

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi,
I just tried installing El Capitan on my desktop system, (custoMac Pro, Gigabyte z97x UD7 TH) using the latest Clover guide. I've managed to successfully boot a couple of times, but most of the time I get the error:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using Reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating [hex] pages at [hex] alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

EDIT: Sometimes kernel cache is replaced by "could not allocate runtime area"

I have tried both the OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix and OsxAptioFix-free2000, none of the seem to make much difference. Sometimes I manage to successfully boot, but it seems quite random. The same is true for booting from an USB stick with clover on it. It seems like I have a higher change of booting if I remove my graphics card (GTX 970), since I have not managed a single successful boot with it plugged in.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT2: after many times I managed to boot with the 970 installed. It worked fine for a couple of times, then the same started happening again.

Last edited:
So the same is still happening, only difference is that now it shows the forbidden sign (and the error text in Verbose mode) after 0.5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.

The chance to boot successfully seems to be around 1/20.

Last edited:
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Thanks for replying, here you go. The numbers change from time to time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
So I am starting to wonder if my MB is a bit defective or if there's a bug in the bios. I have noticed that often when I boot the order of boot devices change, and sometimes the names don't match the drive. Don't know if it's related to this though. I have tried updating to the latest bios version also (F6).

Last edited:
I have this problem all the time when I tried to boot.

Weird enough, rebooting and trying multiple times I manage to go past that screen.
Maybe I need to reboot 10 times, but the system eventually goes past this error. Really annoying...

It seems like a lot of people have this error, and I haven't been able to find a good solution...

I have this problem all the time when I tried to boot.

Weird enough, rebooting and trying multiple times I manage to go past that screen.
Maybe I need to reboot 10 times, but the system eventually goes past this error. Really annoying...

It seems like a lot of people have this error, and I haven't been able to find a good solution...

Its the same here, I have to reboot 10-20 times and then it suddenly works without a single problem!

Did you try turning off all the C States in the BIOS? C6 and C7 are for Hibernate and Deep Sleep. Turn them off, reboot, and see if it boots fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back