Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I'm attempting to update to Mojave 10.14.6 from 10.14.3 and I get this message: "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I just updated to Clover version 5114 in order to allow for this update, but don't know how to get past this roadblock. I'm definitely a noob. More of a music production guy than a computer guy. Any help would be appreciated.
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 5.03.42 PM.png

I'm attempting to update to Mojave 10.14.6 from 10.14.3 and I get this message: "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I just updated to Clover version 5114 in order to allow for this update, but don't know how to get past this roadblock. I'm definitely a noob. More of a music production guy than a computer guy. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 465309
you may need the combo update instead

you may need the combo update instead
Thank you! That was the problem. High fi!

I then ran into another problem where my computer wouldn't install the OS update at reboot. So, in case anyone else runs into that problem and finds this thread, my fix was to disable SIP by following instructions on this video:
, then running the OS update and booting from the ‘boot mac os install from boot’ option on the clover start up screen. It successfully booted the updated OS. Then I reversed the process from that video to restore SIP. Phew, I didn't know most of this stuff until today. Had no idea what SIP even was lol.

Thank you! That was the problem. High fi!

I then ran into another problem where my computer wouldn't install the OS update at reboot. So, in case anyone else runs into that problem and finds this thread, my fix was to disable SIP by following instructions on this video:
, then running the OS update and booting from the ‘boot mac os install from boot’ option on the clover start up screen. It successfully booted the updated OS. Then I reversed the process from that video to restore SIP. Phew, I didn't know most of this stuff until today. Had no idea what SIP even was lol.
glad you got it working! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back