Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I reinstalled OSX 10.10.0 and I update to 10.10.3 and I cannot get past the boot logo without using -x, does anyone know what could be going on. I don't want to continue only booting with -x because when I boot with it, the display flashes a lot. Thanks in advance.

I reinstalled OSX 10.10.0 and I update to 10.10.3 and I cannot get past the boot logo without using -x, does anyone know what could be going on. I don't want to continue only booting with -x because when I boot with it, the display flashes a lot. Thanks in advance.

What is happening without -x flag. Boot with -v and check.

As per your profile you are using Intel HD graphics. Right?

It will go through the Apple boot logo and the screen goes black and the progress bar does not show back up and will not continue, I have tried leaving it for an hour. Everything loads up correctly but it just will not boot into the desktop.If I do -v it loads and the text goes away and does not go past to the desktop. I have tried reinstalling OS X and updating but I keep getting the same issue, it worked without any hitches the first time then I tried to enable HDMI audio so I was editing kext and it started to freeze so I reinstalled and updated, does not work. I have reinstalled 2 times and updated, does not work to reinstall again. Sorry I was very busy lately and I couldn't reply.

It will go through the Apple boot logo and the screen goes black and the progress bar does not show back up and will not continue, I have tried leaving it for an hour. Everything loads up correctly but it just will not boot into the desktop.If I do -v it loads and the text goes away and does not go past to the desktop. I have tried reinstalling OS X and updating but I keep getting the same issue, it worked without any hitches the first time then I tried to enable HDMI audio so I was editing kext and it started to freeze so I reinstalled and updated, does not work. I have reinstalled 2 times and updated, does not work to reinstall again. Sorry I was very busy lately and I couldn't reply.

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without using any converters.

Set IGPU RAM as 64 MB on BIOS.

Try to boot with "dart=0 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v"

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without using any converters.

Set IGPU RAM as 64 MB on BIOS.

Try to boot with "dart=0 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v"
Yes, it allowed me to boot without -x, so what does that mean, is it fixed of will I have to enter those boot flags into the .plist thing?

Yes, it allowed me to boot without -x, so what does that mean, is it fixed of will I have to enter those boot flags into the .plist thing?

Disable Vt-d on BIOS (If not greyed out)

Open your org.chameleon.boot.plist and make the changes as below,

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X and check the booting without entering any flags.

Disable Vt-d on BIOS (If not greyed out)

Open your org.chameleon.boot.plist and make the changes as below,

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X and check the booting without entering any flags.
I did that an it now just creeps along and a little circle with a line through it appears.

I tried to boot with -v it says "still waiting for root device"

Yes, it is still stuck at "still waiting for root device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back