Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD-630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've been trying to update Mojave 10.14.3 to 10.14.4, and OS X Install Prebooter hangs. I ran software update from system preferences, the update downloaded successfully, and the initial part of the install sequence seemed to go fine. Then on restart to complete the install, I tried to run the install pre-booter, and it hangs at roughly the line:
Code:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, ...
When it gets here, the monitor almost immediately loses signal and goes black. Then I have to restart. The recovery drive does the same thing. The main drive still boots and works well.

Searching this site indicates that there is some sort of graphics problem, but I don't understand the differences between the main boot sequence and the install/recovery boot sequences well enough to troubleshoot. Photos and EFI attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Just Before Hang.jpeg
    Just Before Hang.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Last Line Before Hang.jpeg
    Last Line Before Hang.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
  • EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 60
I've been trying to update Mojave 10.14.3 to 10.14.4, and OS X Install Prebooter hangs. I ran software update from system preferences, the update downloaded successfully, and the initial part of the install sequence seemed to go fine. Then on restart to complete the install, I tried to run the install pre-booter, and it hangs at roughly the line:
Code:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, ...
When it gets here, the monitor almost immediately loses signal and goes black. Then I have to restart. The recovery drive does the same thing. The main drive still boots and works well.

Searching this site indicates that there is some sort of graphics problem, but I don't understand the differences between the main boot sequence and the install/recovery boot sequences well enough to troubleshoot. Photos and EFI attached.

Thanks!
  • I have uploaded CLOVER file Tree and selected config.plist screen captures with some suggested changes annotated, hoping to fix the Graphics Freeze.
  • Since Intel HD 630 in different 300 series MoBo need different Ig-p Id, I have left it blank in the image.
    • You may try 0x3E9B0007

Attachments

• 1.Clover FileTree.png
    1.Clover FileTree.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.config_ACPI.png
    2.config_ACPI.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.config_Boot.png
    3.config_Boot.png
    228 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.config_devices.png
    4.config_devices.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 5.config_Gui.png
    5.config_Gui.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 6.config_Graphics.png
    6.config_Graphics.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 71
This worked. Big help -- Thanks you!

This worked. Big help -- Thanks you!

Congrats :clap:
Glad to be of help.
Did you have to add the ig-platform-id : 0x3E9B0007?
Did you have to add any Fake ID for IntelGFX in config.plist_ Devices? If so what?

• Prefixing your post TITLE with [SOLVED] can help others finding your post through Search Engines.

No fake ID for IntelGFX. I set the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. Recovery was booting without the ig-platform-id. Install was booting into the installer and restarting -- at this point I might have just needed to run install again.

No fake ID for IntelGFX. I set the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. Recovery was booting without the ig-platform-id. Install was booting into the installer and restarting -- at this point I might have just needed to run install again.
macOSMojave 10.14.4 update may have 2-3 reboots through the installer file (depending up on the CPU, RAM and System Disk speed) and I have seen many times kextd stall 'AppleACPICPU' stalling the installation for a long time as if the screen is frozen, before it finally boots and reaches CBM screen ( with installer file disappearing) to boot the System disk to its Desktop. Once the system reaches Desktop after login, the system behaves normally.

After the second episode in one of my computers, I used to leave the system and return after 30-45 minutes to see the Login Screen! I have not investigated the cause of this strange behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back