Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The main problems I'm having are wifi and sound not working. I am aware that I should have figured out what the various hardware components were before installing the OS. I didn't, though.

So, I have multiple questions.

1. How can I figure out if I have a compatible wifi card, considering that OSX doesn't seem to recognize the hardware components?
2. How can I get sound working?
and
3. If I want to install a higher resolution screen, do I need to do a fresh install to do that? How do I maneuver switching to a higher resolution and installing the screen? Not sure if I'm making this clear, but I feel like the right order would be select higher resolution, then install screen.

I was considering just getting a new screen then installing windows so I can figure out the components better, then installing el capitan so that I could [what I would assume are] the most heavily trafficked forums.

... but if I could just get those three things working I don't need to install el capitan (and I really don't want to because it seems ****ty to me).

Thank you very much for your time.

The main problems I'm having are wifi and sound not working. I am aware that I should have figured out what the various hardware components were before installing the OS. I didn't, though.

So, I have multiple questions.

1. How can I figure out if I have a compatible wifi card, considering that OSX doesn't seem to recognize the hardware components?
2. How can I get sound working?
and
3. If I want to install a higher resolution screen, do I need to do a fresh install to do that? How do I maneuver switching to a higher resolution and installing the screen? Not sure if I'm making this clear, but I feel like the right order would be select higher resolution, then install screen.

I was considering just getting a new screen then installing windows so I can figure out the components better, then installing el capitan so that I could [what I would assume are] the most heavily trafficked forums.

... but if I could just get those three things working I don't need to install el capitan (and I really don't want to because it seems ****ty to me).

Thank you very much for your time.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/88212-4540s-lcd-screen-1080p-replacement.html

Yes, I have used that guide. It was very helpful in installing the OS, but I made this thread for problems that are unresolved after using it.

I see a compatible wifi card listed for the 4530s, but have no idea what card is in my 4540s or how to find out. Further, if it is a compatible card I don't know how to make it work. I also did figure that kext wizard was the right way to make the audio work, but am not sure how to go about doing that.

I did find the answer to my screen question in that other thread though. Thanks.

Yes, I have used that guide. It was very helpful in installing the OS, but I made this thread for problems that are unresolved after using it.

I see a compatible wifi card listed for the 4530s, but have no idea what card is in my 4540s or how to find out. Further, if it is a compatible card I don't know how to make it work. I also did figure that kext wizard was the right way to make the audio work, but am not sure how to go about doing that.

I did find the answer to my screen question in that other thread though. Thanks.

The guide has recommendations for WiFi cards for your 4540s. Read it carefully. Keep in mind there is no BIOS WiFI whitelist on the 4540s.

The Probook Installer installs all kexts needed for any compatible WiFi. If WiFi is not working, then you have it disabled in BIOS or have not installed compatible hardware.

Audio works if you follow the guide. Don't forget step #14.

If you need assistance with seeing what you have...

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back