Contribute
Register

Trouble running Pro Tools 12.7 on El Capitan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

First off, thanks to everyone in this community for making my first hackintosh build a success! Really excited to iron out the kinks and get everything running flawlessly.

This may be a long shot, but I'm curious if anyone here has experienced something similar. I'm attempting to run pro tools (v12.7) on my new build. Most everything is working fine, but I'm having trouble with the Avid Video Engine. Whenever I attempt to initialize video, the progress bar fills, but the video engine never actually loads.

On previous macs, the workaround for this was to trash the AvidVideoEngine folder (Users>Shared>AvidVideoEngine) and relaunch in pro tools. On my hackintosh build, this folder doesn't exist. Is it possible something about my build is preventing Pro Tools from creating the folder in the first place? My build is as follows:

El Capitan 10.11.7
i7 6700k
Gigabyte GA-Z170X Designare
32GB Corsair Ballistix Sport LT
Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB (System)
WD Black 2TB (Storage)
EVGA GTX 1060FTW (currently using onboard graphics, but I'll be installing the 1060 once I upgrade to Sierra and install the Nvidia Pascal drivers)

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks again for all your help!

FWIW, Avid Video Engine isn't even working in Pro Tools 12.7.x on Sierra 10.12.5 on a 2012 Mini i7 QC 2.6 GHz, 16GB RAM with a Apollo 8. So, it's them and not you. Did you get Thunderbolt working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back