Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So guys, its been a while since I've geeked out and seem to have lost my ability to figure out how to make kexts load! I'm trying to get my bluetooth to be recognized and need to load BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext. They won't load if I put them in S/L/E and they also won't load if I put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts. I've put them in the "10.11" folder and also tried the "Other" folder where my FakeSMC.KEXT file is located on DOES load. I'm checking to see if they've loaded by running "kextstat" in Terminal but they just aren't loading. I'm going crazy over here!!!!!!!

So guys, its been a while since I've geeked out and seem to have lost my ability to figure out how to make kexts load! I'm trying to get my bluetooth to be recognized and need to load BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext. They won't load if I put them in S/L/E and they also won't load if I put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts. I've put them in the "10.11" folder and also tried the "Other" folder where my FakeSMC.KEXT file is located on DOES load. I'm checking to see if they've loaded by running "kextstat" in Terminal but they just aren't loading. I'm going crazy over here!!!!!!!

Hmmm, I may have answered my own question. Reading(!) closer I see the list of supported devices and mine doesn't seem to be on the list. I got this card from OSXWifi.com and it it apparently a genuine Apple bluetooth/wifi card. The wifi works but bluetooth does not. I'm about ready to throw this thing against the wall. It is wired up correctly as I can see the Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device in the USB section of my system report but I still can't get anything to show up under the Bluetooth section. ARGH!

Hmmm, I may have answered my own question. Reading(!) closer I see the list of supported devices and mine doesn't seem to be on the list. I got this card from OSXWifi.com and it it apparently a genuine Apple bluetooth/wifi card. The wifi works but bluetooth does not. I'm about ready to throw this thing against the wall. It is wired up correctly as I can see the Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device in the USB section of my system report but I still can't get anything to show up under the Bluetooth section. ARGH!

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks a bunch RehabMan. I wasn't sure about that "press f4" thing but I compressed the folder without the Themes folder. I hope I did this right for you.

cheers

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 62
Thanks a bunch RehabMan. I wasn't sure about that "press f4" thing but I compressed the folder without the Themes folder. I hope I did this right for you.

cheers

Your bluetooth controller 0a5c:f007 seems to be unsupported natively and also not supported by BrcmPatchRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back