GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings,

So earlier today I finished my Hackintosh and got Mountain Lion up and running after a fair amount of tweaking. Not satisfied with that feat, I am now trying to install Windows 7 on my second 1TB hard drive.

I got bootcamp to spit out a bootable usb drive (I don't have a cd drive) and loaded it up but to know avail. I don't have access to a PC (although I am working on a solution for that). I got the iso off of microsoft's site, some I am ready to go, now I just need a way to get it onto a usb drive and get my gigabyte motherboard to recognize it. Any help?

Ya I am working on figuring out something like that. At this point I am more concerned with what to do once I am done with the drive. I created one before and stuck it in the back of my computer to install the operating system, but was unable to get the gigabyte board to do anything. I would boot from the drive and all I would get was a blank command prompt screen. Does this just mean I formatted the boot drive incorrectly or is there something I need to do in the bios to get it working. I still have most everything set up for the mac install. Appreciate the help.

Hi Darrduck,

I'm having the exact same problem you are. Gigabyte mobo, Windows USB created with Bootcamp, and command screen prompt. I will probably have access to a Windows computer next weekend, but I was curious if you'd found another solution. Regardless, I'm curious as to how everything worked out for you.

Thanks.

Have you tried to install Windows using a virtual environment such as VMWare Fusion? That will usually tell you whether the .iso file is free of defects. A trial version would be sufficient for this exercise.

Probably it is best to use only Microsoft's tool "Win7 USB Download Tool" (works for Win8 too) to create the USB stick. Who knows what Apple's boot camp is putting on your USB... probably something Apple specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back