Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z270 TUF Mark I
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, I absolutely cannot install these operating systems with AHCI enabled. Win7 and Xp don't find my hard drives during install and neither does SL. I've been trying to install via the iBoot + Multibeast guide. iBoot sees my hard drive but Disk Utility doesn't. :banghead:

Two of my drives are 3gb Sata and one is 1.5 gb sata. Would this make a difference? Please someone help, thanks.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb (only one seated during install)
i5 2500K

I dont think Windows XP is compatible with AHCI. But windows 7 is. I run windows 7 on AHCI. I think your hard disk does not have any partition. could you put a photo of it??? That would be helpful for me to understand.

eddiec said:
Hi, I absolutely cannot install these operating systems with AHCI enabled. Win7 and Xp don't find my hard drives during install and neither does SL. I've been trying to install via the iBoot + Multibeast guide. iBoot sees my hard drive but Disk Utility doesn't. :banghead:

Two of my drives are 3gb Sata and one is 1.5 gb sata. Would this make a difference? Please someone help, thanks.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb (only one seated during install)
i5 2500K
XP can't be installed AHCI unless you either slipstream the drivers or install them while the port the XP drive is installed on is in IDE mode and then change BIOS to AHCI.

Assuming you want the 1.5Gb/s to be WinXp, connect only the DVD/Multi-drive to the black port closest to the board. Connect the WinXP drive to the adjacent port.
In Bios, set these ports IDE. Install WinXP. Update it. Install a security suite. Download the AHCI drivers from Gigabytes website for your board.
Shutdown.
Connect a drive already formatted MBR FAT or NTFS to one of the the white ports (6Gb/s port).
Boot to BIOS and set the white ports to AHCI and the Marvell grey (6Gb/s) ports to AHCI, When you boot up in WinXP, it will "see" the drive and ask to install drivers. Point it at the drivers you downloaded - install all of them. You have now gotten AHCI ito WinXP the easy way.
Shut down, boot to BIOS and set all ports to AHCI. Save&exit and continue boot to WinXP. Shutdown, disconnect WinXP drive.
Connect Win7 drive to black port you removed WinXP from. Install Win7, update it, install security suite. Shutdown and disconnect Win7 HDD.
Connect OS X drive to same black port and install. Update. Shutdown.

Now, you have 3 HDD's to connect + a Multi-drive. My suggestions:Leave the DVD in the port it is connected to. Connect the WinXP drive to the adjacent black port. Connect the OS X drive to the white port closest to the board and the Win7 drive in the other white port. De-activate the Marvell ports in BIOS until you need them.

Hi, thank you both for your replies. I'll try your suggestions.

I had a triple boot machine before and I just bought a new motherboard and cpu. I'd like to re-install my OS's like I had them before if possible. WinXP was on the 1st partition on C: and you can see where the other OS's were. I don't mind formatting and erasing disk0 and disk2, in fact that's what I've been trying to do. I hook only the one drive up that I want to install and unhook the others. What I can't understand is why Win7 and the Snow Leopard installs can't see my drives.

Here's a shot of my drives, I hope it's not too small.

diskssnap-1.png

And here's shot of sata ports:
z68xsataports.png

I was able to get SL installed by connecting the hard drive to the sata 2_4 port, I'll try winxp and win7 next. Thanks.

update: I was able to install ahci Win7 on another drive so now I guess I can live without xp.

Thanks for the help.
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back