Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Trouble enabling "tap to click", "double tap for secondary click" and "tap to drag" for Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5567
CPU
i3-6006U
Graphics
HD 520 (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This thread is a continuation of another thread (link to the thread). I went ahead to run the installer, but something went wrong midway, and I decided to get a fresh install.

This time, I didn't change the Trackpad preference pane (unlike the last time, when I swapped out my stock preference pane with the one from El Capitan). The one I have now doesn't "detect" any trackpad.

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 11.48.44 PM.png

Also missing is the "Trackpad Options..." button in the bottom right of the window (used to enable "tap to drag").

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 11.49.03 PM.png

How do I get tap to get primary click, two-finger tap for right clicking, and double tap to enable drag mode?
The pointer moves when I run my finger across the trackpad and two finger scroll fine too. It is a Synaptics touchpad.

UPDATE-I tried multiple alternatives, however none of them worked. I finally decided to settle down with what I already had, and compromised with the situation. I reinstalled the El Capitan trackpad preference pane. So that gave me "tap to click" and "finger tap to secondary click". After that I set out to get my DSDT/SSDTs patched, got my battery percentage up and running, and fixed the brightness for my laptop. After two days, the "Trackpad Options..." button also appeared in the Accessibility menu. I do not know the reason behind this. And I am not proud of this, but I've decided not to look this gift horse in the mouth. Proof screenshot in attachments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.47.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.47.04 AM.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
This thread is a continuation of another thread (link to the thread). I went ahead to run the installer, but something went wrong midway, and I decided to get a fresh install.

This time, I didn't change the Trackpad preference pane (unlike the last time, when I swapped out my stock preference pane with the one from El Capitan). The one I have now doesn't "detect" any trackpad.

View attachment 381487

Also missing is the "Trackpad Options..." button in the bottom right of the window (used to enable "tap to drag").

View attachment 381488
How do I get tap to get primary click, two-finger tap for right clicking, and double tap to enable drag mode?
The pointer moves when I run my finger across the trackpad and two finger scroll fine too. It is a Synaptics touchpad.
try VoodooPS2Controller.kext

best to update your VoodooPS2Controller kext to the latest version
Updated the VoodooPS2Controller.kext files at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and /L/E to version 1.9.2 (latest bitbucket release)
rebuilt kextcache.
Still no progress.
Attaching newly generated problem report files....

Attachments

• debug_3579.zip
    2 MB · Views: 47
Updated the VoodooPS2Controller.kext files at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and /L/E to version 1.9.2 (latest bitbucket release)
rebuilt kextcache.
Still no progress.
Attaching newly generated problem report files....
best to check in windows exactly what trackpad you have

as similar models have I2C trackpads or they use the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

best to check in windows exactly what trackpad you have

as similar models have I2C trackpads or they use the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Can't find any links for ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. Is there a wiki or a guide to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back