Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX-560 4GB
I had version 4769 installed. I am going to upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra so I figured I would update Clover first. I updated Clover to 4871. Before rebooting, I also updated LiLu and WhateverGreen kexts in the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder to the latest versions. There is also a Lilu kext in /System/Library/Extensions. The OS wouldn't let me unload it saying it was in use. This seems to be a much older LiLu from Jan. 2018.

When I rebooted, everything seemed to be going ok until it was supposed to show the login. Instead the monitor indicated it had no signal but the computer was still on. It seemed like I lost the display.

I created a bootable USB stick with Unibeast with Clover r4862. I'm able to boot and login from this USB stick without issue. So my question is, which change is the most likely cause of my display losing signal? Is it LiLu or WhateverGreen or latest Clover?
Is LiLu kext supposed to be in /System/Library/Extensions as well as /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder? If not, how can I get rid of it if it's in use?
How do I revert Clover to previous version that I had installed? Or same version that is on USB stick?

Try WhateverGreen+Lilu on L/E

I installed the latest LiLu and WhateverGreen kexts into /Library/Extensions (assuming that is what you meant by L/E) and it's giving me a reboot loop, even when booting from USB stick.

How do I get rid of the kexts from that folder using Clover UEFI Shell?

I figured out how to remove the kexts from L/E but still have same reboot loop. Wondering if I need to rebuild the kext cache or something like that. How to do from UEFI shell?

The kexts that I deleted from both /S/L/E and /L/E keep reappearing. Where are they coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back