Graphics
GeForce GTX 460 v2 1536 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got the HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) . As soon as I got it I also got the B156HW01 V.4 and the 646274-001 Cable . When I was all finished I tried to start it up and all it does is the power light turns on for about 5 seconds, the fan does not turn on, and the screen does not turn on and then it powers off.
Any Help.. Please!

you should ensure that your reassembly process was done correctly

If your new screen is OK,then maybe you should check your cable connector again(u can unplug and plug again).I think change the new screen is very simple,not a hard work.Good luck.

Maybe a silly question but did you setup window and tested to make sure everything was working when you got the laptop? The 4530s is known for power issue.
Mine had issue where it will not sense the battery install and not charging after about a week of use.
1st call to HP support - They sent me new battery did not resolve
2nd call - They sent new AC adapter - did not fix
3rd call - sent in for repair- They replace the whole motherboard

Its been running without power issue for the last 4 months

Edit: Forgot to include steps you can try.

1. Go back and check all connection not even a ribbon cable are left disconnected. Especially the small one under keyboard left side and top middle.

2. Re-seat your memory module and hard drive.

3. If connections are good, remove your battery and disconnect your AC adapter.
4. Push and how down power button for about 40 seconds to discharge the capacitor inside.
5. Reconnect just the AC adapter to see if it turn on.
6. If that fail you may have a bad unit to begin with. Put everything back the way it was shipped to you and call HP support for warranty service and cross your fingers so they don't find out you voided your warranty.

kyron said:
you should ensure that your reassembly process was done correctly
took apart and put back together... nothing changed. fan doesn't even start.. Do most people have the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back