Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, so I have OS X running on an SSD boot drive and I have a HFS+ HDD (tried ExFAT but had permissions trouble with local webserver) for my file storage. I also have a currently unused SSD that I want to use to boot both Widows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.04 to create a sweet triple-booting setup :)

And then I'll use some 3rd party drivers to allow Ubuntu and WIndows to read/write the HFS+ HDD, but anyways could someone give me a quick guide/walkthrough on how to make the triple-boot out of my currently hackintoshed system using the 2nd unused SSD?

And then I'll use some 3rd party drivers to allow Ubuntu and WIndows to read/write the HFS+ HDD,

Unless you enjoy a corrupt file system, not a good idea...

but anyways could someone give me a quick guide/walkthrough on how to make the triple-boot out of my currently hackintoshed system using the 2nd unused SSD?

You might look at my blog article (link in signature) on quad boot, although I did it on a single drive. Usually, multiple drives actually simplifies the process.

I'll take your advice about corrupt file systems into mind. I've heard good things about Paragon though.

Either way, I'd like to proceed with the SSD setup of the triple boot. So I'm running OS X on the first SSD. I read your guide. I'm wondering what I'd have to change if I just put Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu on the 2nd SSD?? (sorry my knowledge of bootloaders and such is weak)/

Also, which drives do I unplug in each installation and any other specifics I;'ll need to know?

I'll take your advice about corrupt file systems into mind. I've heard good things about Paragon though.

I've seen nothing but pain on these forums from people enabling r/w access to foreign file systems.

Either way, I'd like to proceed with the SSD setup of the triple boot. So I'm running OS X on the first SSD. I read your guide. I'm wondering what I'd have to change if I just put Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu on the 2nd SSD?? (sorry my knowledge of bootloaders and such is weak)/

Just skip the sections that do not apply to you...

Also, which drives do I unplug in each installation and any other specifics I;'ll need to know?

Unplug the ones you don't need to accomplish the task.

Ive done several multiboot setups previously. Some on single disks, and some on multiple disks. By far the easiest is one OS per disk, and only have that disk connected at the time so you reduce the risk of one file system accidentally overwriting the other or claiming partitions that were meant for something else. Likewise with the bootloaders, they tend to overwrite each other which can be confusing.

If you are using chimera then make sure all your system installs boot up and install in legacy mode.

If using Clover then make sure they all boot up and install in UEFI mode.

Trying to mix them both will give you headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back