Contribute
Register

Triple Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty easy if your Windows partition follows your Lion partition. Delete the Windows partition (in Disk Utility) and expand your Lion partition into the newly created unallocated space. You will have to do this from your Unibeast USB flash (much like when you first installed).

If your Lion partition follows your Windows partition, then you have to clone the Lion partition somewhere else, delete both Lion and Windows partititons, create a new larger Lion partition, and clone your Lion partition back into the now larger space.

Hi,
I delete the Windows partition (in Disk Utility) and expand my Lion partition into the newly created unallocated space as you say me and it's ok but my boot doesn't work on Lion and Ubuntu ...Lion boot only on Unibeast key and Linux doesn't boot
I try to reinstalls Chimera but doesn't work ...
Thanks for help !!

Hi,
I delete the Windows partition (in Disk Utility) and expand my Lion partition into the newly created unallocated space as you say me and it's ok but my boot doesn't work on Lion and Ubuntu ...Lion boot only on Unibeast key and Linux doesn't boot
I try to reinstalls Chimera but doesn't work ...
Thanks for help !!

You'll need to be more specific than "doesn't work"

You'll need to be more specific than "doesn't work"
Hi, thanks for respond me and sorry my question ...
I have this error : " boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. hard disk-(3F0)
with unibeast, i can boot on Lion but when i try Ubuntu i have : error:unknown filesystem grub rescue

Hi, thanks for respond me and sorry my question ...
I have this error : " boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. hard disk-(3F0)
with unibeast, i can boot on Lion but when i try Ubuntu i have : error:unknown filesystem grub rescue

Probably you get that error because you have no active partition on the HDD. I'd bet prior to removing Windows partition, it was your active partition...

As far as repairing grub2, I can't help there. I've noticed that Linux/grub is rather fragile and generally breaks with slight changes to partition layout and I don't have the expertise to fix it. When it happens to me, I just re-install Linux (Ubuntu).

Probably you get that error because you have no active partition on the HDD. I'd bet prior to removing Windows partition, it was your active partition...

As far as repairing grub2, I can't help there. I've noticed that Linux/grub is rather fragile and generally breaks with slight changes to partition layout and I don't have the expertise to fix it. When it happens to me, I just re-install Linux (Ubuntu).

Thanks for the answer ! i have try to re-install linux but doesn't solve the problem ... i will search
thanks again

Thanks for the answer ! i have try to re-install linux but doesn't solve the problem ... i will search
thanks again

Note that you have two separate problems:
- making your OS X partition active
- repairing grub2 configuration

Like I said, don't now about the second one. But you can make a partition active with fdisk: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/

You could also use gparted on Linux to make it active... (boot flag).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back