Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8P67 PRO
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,
I managed to install sierra and windows 10 and they can be booted through Clover.
After all i decided to install ubuntu on the same SSD setting up / and swap.
Configuration of the clover doesn't bring the result. After choosing linux in clover the computer just restarts and brings me to the clover menu.
I tried different configuration but still no result.
Couldn't find the proper solution in the internet.
Does anyone know the right config?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 129
See pinned guides at the start of this forum.

See pinned guides at the start of this forum.
When I try to install Ubuntu there is no option for alongside windows installation.
Only erase disk or manual. I also tried to format unallocated space in NTFS and assign a letter to it.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
When I try to install Ubuntu there is no option for alongside windows installation.
Only erase disk or manual. I also tried to format unallocated space in NTFS and assign a letter to it.
Suggest deleting the partition on which you want to install Ubuntu, leaving it free space.
Select manual install and set up your Ubuntu partitions. Ubuntu may or may not allow you to select and use your existing Win10 EFI partition for the boot files - Linux, like Mac OS, prefers the EFI partition to be the first partition on the drive, but Windows makes the first partition the repository of the recovery tools and the second the EFI.

Suggest deleting the partition on which you want to install Ubuntu, leaving it free space.
Select manual install and set up your Ubuntu partitions. Ubuntu may or may not allow you to select and use your existing Win10 EFI partition for the boot files - Linux, like Mac OS, prefers the EFI partition to be the first partition on the drive, but Windows makes the first partition the repository of the recovery tools and the second the EFI.
I've installed it manually and have only access to ubuntu via boot manager selecting proper boot option manually. And grub doesn't appear , ubuntu autmatically loads.
Choosing linux through clover just restarts the computer.
How can i configure clover to boot linux?

I've installed it manually and have only access to ubuntu via boot manager selecting proper boot option manually. And grub doesn't appear , ubuntu autmatically loads.
Choosing linux through clover just restarts the computer.
How can i configure clover to boot linux?
Have you added Linux in the Scan section of the GUI part of config.plist?

Have you added Linux in the Scan section of the GUI part of config.plist?
View attachment 393581
Here is what is set.
And my list of uuids.
Maybe grub.cfg points to the wrong disk?
As I see it points to sd5 where is ubuntu located.
As I understand clover boots grubx64.efi from EFI folder?
The only way i can boot ubuntu is to choose it from boot manager in bios and grub2 finally appears.
Maybe I need to see mapping of this entry through clover shell and use it for clover manual entry config?
Clicking Linux clover image(boot Ubuntu EFI boot menu from EFI) just restarts the computer or sometimes just black screen.
Or maybe to try installing Arch Linux and creating manual entry?
Don't know what is the right option

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 23.08.30.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 23.08.30.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 23.09.11.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 23.09.11.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Here is what is set.
And my list of uuids.
Maybe grub.cfg points to the wrong disk?
As I see it points to sd5 where is ubuntu located.
As I understand clover boots grubx64.efi from EFI folder?
The only way i can boot ubuntu is to choose it from boot manager in bios and grub2 finally appears.
Maybe I need to see mapping of this entry through clover shell and use it for clover manual entry config?
Clicking Linux clover image(boot Ubuntu EFI boot menu from EFI) just restarts the computer or sometimes just black screen.
Or maybe to try installing Arch Linux and creating manual entry?
Don't know what is the right option
Is grub installed UEFI or Legacy? What folders are in the EFI?

Everything was installed in UEFI
OK, your ubuntu folder has the files you need, but I did not see a linux drive in the screenshots in your post #7.
Would you mind installing Xcode and opening the GUI / Scan entries section, take a screenshot and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back