Contribute
Register

Triple boot Windows 8.1, Yosemite, openSUSE 13.2 on UEFI system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i3-4150
Graphics
EVGA GT 740 Superclocked 2 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Trying to do a triple boot setup and following RehabMan's guide here:

http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

Windows and Yosemite work fine together, Yosemite and openSUSE work fine together, and Windows and openSUSE work fine together. When I try to triple boot then Windows gives me a BCD error like this one:

40695d1355200374-error-while-booting-windows-dual-boot-separate-drives-boot-error.jpg

Is there a way I can triple boot? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to do a triple boot setup and following RehabMan's guide here:

http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

Windows and Yosemite work fine together, Yosemite and openSUSE work fine together, and Windows and openSUSE work fine together. When I try to triple boot then Windows gives me a BCD error like this one:

40695d1355200374-error-while-booting-windows-dual-boot-separate-drives-boot-error.jpg

Is there a way I can triple boot? Thanks

You should check the contents of your BCD to see that 'device' and 'osdevice' are set correctly. If you do anything to change the GUIDs of the partitions, the BCD will have the wrong ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
does it work for only one Windows system?

You can skip over certain portions of the guide if you're only installing one version of Windows.

also how do I repair it when Windows isn't working?

You use BCDEDIT to fix whatever's wrong. Most likely, you need to use BCDEDIT to set device and/or osdevice to the correct partitions.

But it also could be you forgot to run gptsync after making changes with gparted.

does it work for only one Windows system?

You can skip over certain portions of the guide if you're only installing one version of Windows.

You use BCDEDIT to fix whatever's wrong. Most likely, you need to use BCDEDIT to set device and/or osdevice to the correct partitions.

But it also could be you forgot to run gptsync after making changes with gparted.

Oh, that might be it. I never ran gptsync or used gparted. I might use Ubuntu MATE 15.04 Beta 2 instead as openSUSE is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back