Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I've recently built a very successful hackintosh with a GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard (I'll post the full setup in the working builds forum as soon as I can!). All my operating systems are installed in different partitions on one GPT disk (controversial?!) and the partition table is attached as a text file (output from diskutil list).

I can boot each operating system fine from the UEFI menu from my motherboard, accessed by pressing F12 before boot starts (the NVRAM entries, I believe); the Windows Boot Manager shows up, which boots flawlessly into 7; I also get an "ubuntu" entry which launches GRUB from which I can boot Ubuntu, and then if I tell it to just boot from my hard disk, I get into OSX (which, I assume, is because OSX is the first partition on my disk and so it just looks at that; I haven't installed Chimera to my ESP). So, I know that my system can boot all three of these fine.

What I want to do is to be able to use the rEFInd boot manager (a fork of rEFIt, here: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/) to boot all three. So far, Windows and Ubuntu boot fine from rEFInd. What I don't know how to do is manually point this boot manager to the Chimera boot file because... I don't know where it is. I've done a lot of reading into it, and it seems that Chimera is installed in the 0 sector of the OS partition: in my case, the Mountain Lion volume.

If anyone can offer any hints on how to manually boot using Chimera / Chameleon or point rEFInd to just do what the NVRAM menu does and boot directly from my Mountain Lion volume (because that works fine, evidently) then that would be brilliant. I've read and read about it, but I just don't have the knowledge of boot sectors and GPT disks and UEFI and Chimera that I am sure some of you out there will. This website has made my life so beautifully easy, and I'm nearly there with my dream build!

Thanks so much in advance! If you need any more info, just let me know.

Attachments

• diskutil.txt
    953 bytes · Views: 162
Really? No one has any idea? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back