Graphics
Nvidia GTX660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I've just bought a Samsung 830 SSD. Using Carbon Copy I've cloned my original install (10.7.3) over to the SSD and am now trying to enable trim. Have tried installing the Trim Enabler in Multibeast, it claims success. However, after reboot and a check in System details section apparently Trim is NOT enabled.
After doing doing a bit of research found the following guide, which seemed knowledgeable;
http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/
he claims Trim Enabler does not work (my experience seems to concur)
but this guide is dated July 2011. Surely the trim enabler has been improved enough to work effectively since this date (one would think).
Anyone know for sure if the trim enabler in MBeast is supposed to work, or is the digitaldj method the good stuff. Thanks in advance.

I just tried the latest 4.6.1 Multibeast and couldn't get the TRIM patch to work either. It didn't make a backup of the file on the desktop, so I think something is definitely not working as expected.

Can confirm that the info at digitaldj I mentioned previously worked perfectly.
Still don't know why Trim Enabler in MBeast didn't however.

mik_b said:
Can confirm that the info at digitaldj I mentioned previously worked perfectly.
Still don't know why Trim Enabler in MBeast didn't however.
Installing TRIM from MB on my machine (Z68X-UD3H-B3) worked fine.

Hi, I have been trying for the longest time to get TRIM working on my hackintosh (10.8), but so far have been unable to do so. I have read many of the post here, and checked elsewhere on the internet, but nothing has been able to solve my problem. I have tried enabling TRIM through multibeast, through the application TRIM Enabler, and through Terminal, but nothing has worked. I have two ssd drives (Crucial C300 and OCZ Vertex 4) that I have tried with these methods, but have been unsuccesful with either one :banghead:. Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong, or if my ssds simply do not support TRIM. Thanks so much for any help :thumbup:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back