Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was running the first or second version of Mavericks until now. I decided to update to 10.9.4 using multi beast 6.4 as installer afterwards. I repaired disc permissions and downloaded update. Now I get no display after boot up. I haven't done anything software related to my hackintosh in half a year or so so I have no clue what to do now. I tried booting with - v, - x, graphicsenabler=yes, and graphicsenabler=no. I'd like to get my computer running again soon. Thanks a bunch for your replies.

I was running the first or second version of Mavericks until now. I decided to update to 10.9.4 using multi beast 6.4 as installer afterwards. I repaired disc permissions and downloaded update. Now I get no display after boot up. I haven't done anything software related to my hackintosh in half a year or so so I have no clue what to do now. I tried booting with - v, - x, graphicsenabler=yes, and graphicsenabler=no. I'd like to get my computer running again soon. Thanks a bunch for your replies.

Boot flags are case sensitive so graphicsenabler=yes or graphicsenabler=no is incorrect.

They should be input as GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No

Good Luck

I'm connected using display port through my GTX 780. I did a Google search of boot flags and tried PCIRootUID=1 and it will show display. However, once I restart, I have to put the same boot flag in or it will load up with no display. Any idea what the problem is?

How are you connected to your monitor ?

What do you see if you boot with -v -x ?
. I got mad so I backed up everything after managing to get display after using PCIRootUID=1. I then went on to do a fresh install of 10.9.4 erasing my current disc. After install I got display but after restart no display after the white apple startup screen. PCIRootUID=1 doesn't work now either. You know what the problem is? Thanks

. I got mad so I backed up everything after managing to get display after using PCIRootUID=1. I then went on to do a fresh install of 10.9.4 erasing my current disc. After install I got display but after restart no display after the white apple startup screen. PCIRootUID=1 doesn't work now either. You know what the problem is? Thanks

I think that for the duration of the installation it might be better if you connect to your onboard graphics by DVI (VGA is not supported). You can use your discrete graphics after the Operating System installation.

Boot with -v -x and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

I hit this thread as I had an almost identical issue after updating from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4 and was stumped. I had a full backup, so I had no issue troubleshooting it by rolling back and attempting several times to correct. In the end, here is what I did to remedy it:

1) Do a system update from the App Store, periodic update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4, not the cumulative update
2) System reboots to continue installation, and that is when the black blinking screens show up
3) I rebooted again, using the -v -x parameters and came to a single white cursor screen.
4) At this, I input the first letter of my userid hit enter, password and hit enter (following suggestion from here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/25159263#251592635)
5) The installation continued past the prompt, bringing up the update screen, indicating that I had 2 minutes left of the update
6) Following the completion, everything is working. No resetting of drivers from Multibeast needed.

So just keep at it, and I'm sure you will get it working. The key, as everyone always says dealing with PCs is having a backup to try, try again. :)

-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back